- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital Site
- £24,907 - £30,615 per annum
- 18/04/2021 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Purchasing Specialist – NHS, Bristol, £24,907 - £30,615 + excellent NHS benefits
Bristol & Weston Purchasing Consortium (BWPC) have an opportunity for a new Purchasing Specialist to join our busy, award-winning team. Based at Southmead Hospital Bristol, we require an experienced individual to join our Sourcing team, supporting a range of key projects sourcing goods and services, deriving strategic benefit and cost reduction for the clients it supports across a number of key spend categories.
BWPC are proud to feature amongst our clients 2 of the largest NHS Acute Trusts in the UK. We support regional procurement activity, working to ensure our local health and welfare providers are able to deliver whole system cost reduction, whilst ensuring an optimised service delivery.
THE ROLE: As a Purchasing Specialist with the Sourcing team, your primary activities will focus on the following:-
- Identifying and delivering and reporting on opportunities for saving and cost reduction.
- Optimising our clients commercial position through effective contracting and negotiation
- Providing advice and guidance on risk management related to contracting and procurement
- Management of purchasing catalogue content to facilitate effective P2P
- Promoting effective supplier relationship management
YOU: The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Circa 2 years’ experience of a procurement/contracting working environment
- Evidence of having lead successful negotiations to conclude a contractual relationship
- Working knowledge of the regulations that govern public sector procurement
- Understanding of contract and procurement law
- Understanding of both supply chain management and supplier relationship management
For further details, please access the Job Description and the Person Specification.
Closing date: Sunday 18th April 2021 apply now or contact Marie-Clare Reid at Marie-Clare.Reid@NBT.NHS.UK if you have further questions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Marie-Clare Reid
- Job title
- Category Lead - Indirect
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0117 414 2677
- Additional information
For further details, please access the Job Description and the Person Specification or contact Marie-Clare Reid at Marie-Clare.Reid@NBT.NHS.UK if you have further questions.