- Haemodialysis Unit
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Up to 37.5 hours per week
- Weston Satellite Unit, Weston General Hospital
- £22,128 - £28,746 per annum
- 31/03/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Staff Nurse –Haemodialysis Unit, Band 5, up to £28.7k, North Bristol Trust
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Staff Nurses to work within our Haemodialysis Unit in one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. The Richard Bright Renal Unit is regional renal transplant centre with six Haemodialysis Satellite Units across the south west area. We also have an acute Haemodialysis Unit, an inpatient renal dialysis and renal transplant ward. You will be based within Ambleside Dialysis Unit, our satellite service within Weston General Hospital, with salary from £22.1K to £28.7K, dependent on experience and excellent NHS benefits.
We are a nurse-led unit with support of a consultant nephrologist. We are keen to support newly qualified nurses and to inspire them to develop themselves professionally on their journey through their nursing career. There are also opportunities within our satellite site at Cossham Hospital, Bristol.
WHY APPLY? This Staff Nurse role provides a fantastic opportunity to take a role with-
• Access to a wider network- our satellite units play a key role within our major renal network, providing an outpatients service caring for up to 500 patients per week across the six dialysis units
• Development opportunities- you will develop expert skills in Haemodialysis and renal specialist care and have access educational opportunities to attend renal specialist courses. There are also potential rotational opportunities to work within our transplant and inpatient services.
• An active teaching programme- with an opportunity for Link Nurse responsibilities
• Wider divisional prospects- As our service is within our Anaesthesia, Surgery and Critical Care division at North Bristol NHS Trust, which includes ICU and Theatres, there are also prospects for those looking for future rotations into these services
• Strong leadership- we have a very supportive leader who is a visible role model with an open door policy
The Role: As a Staff Nurse within our department, key duties will include-
• Providing specialist nursing care for group of patients with multiple complex needs with end-stage renal failure that requires haemodialysis, therefore requiring the use of haemodialysis technology
• Assessment and observation of patients and administering medication
• Opportunity to take charge of the ward with a Band 6 colleague to develop co-ordination and leadership skills
Patients attending Satellite units undergo treatment to remove waste products from the blood stream using a dialysis machine. As kidney failure is a long term condition, patients and staff develop long term professional relationships. Patient treatment can take them through transfers to other treatment modes for example transplantation or peritoneal dialysis and supportive care for those patients nearing the end of their lives.
We support our patients to work jointly with staff in decision making on their treatment and active involvement in the treatment procedure through shared and self-care programmes.
YOU: The successful candidate will:
• Be a Registered Nurse with current NMC registration & Pin Number
• Have an ability to remain calm in pressured environments.
• Be a team player with empathy for patients
• Have a good sense of humour and resilience
• Be IT literate
• Be excited for a new challenge
Apply now! For further enquiries or more information please contact email@example.com or call us on 0117 41 45980 / 0117 41 45975
If it’s not for you please share with anyone who may be interested – Thanks!
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 41 45980 / 0117 41 45975