- Band 2
- 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £17460-£18702 per annum
- Today at 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Waste Cohort Team - PST Band 2 at Southmead Hospital
A position for a Waste Cohort - Portering Operative has arisen within FM Operational Services at Southmead Hospital for 37.5 hours a week.
The shifts are 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm. working a rotation of these two shift patterns over a 9 week rota. Weekends included.
- The candidate should be able to work on their own initiative and have an understanding of waste services within a NHS environment.
- The successful candidate for this service should be able to organise themselves and prioritise their work load for the day effectively, in line with service needs.
- You will be responsible for clearing clinical and non- clinical waste streams from all waste holds & AGV stations, using the AGV system or manually move.
- You will be responsible for clearing dirty linen from all waste holds & AGV stations using the AGV systems or manually move.
- You will be responsible for the sending & receiving of AGV bulk bins and cages, using the card system.
- We are a customer focused team, therefore clear communication skills are required, as you will be working & communicating with the wards & departments.
- You will report directly to Waste Cohort Services & required to carry a radio at all times.
- Ability to self-motivate & manage your time to complete all tasks for the day
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to operate the AGV card system
- Ability to promote positive & professional working at all times
- Flexible in approach to the role & duties
- Ability to undertake physically demanding tasks with moving bulk bins & cages.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Sarah Wring-Nash Sarah.WringNash@nbt.nhs.uk
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 4141151