Field Service Engineer - Band 4
- Band 4
- Permanent: Permanant
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Bristol Centre for Enablement
- Gloucestershire & Bristol
- £24,157 £21,892- £24,157 per annum
- 28/10/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Field Service Engineer
North Bristol NHS Trust
The Wheelchair and Special Seating Repair Service, based at BCE, Cribbs Causeway, require an enthusiastic Field Service Engineer to join our busy Service Repair team. You will be part of one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, doing field work in the, Gloucestershire, Bristol and the Bath area’s as part of our specialist team undertaking repairs and maintenance to a wide range of mobility equipment.
You will undertake repairs and refurbishments to mechanical and electrical medical equipment such as wheelchairs, components and batteries, carrying out diagnostic testing of faulty control boxes in a variety of community settings (eg home addresses) as well as participating in the On Call rota across the region.
- Will have the ability to work efficiently and methodically under pressure, masterminding engineering solutions.
- Be comfortable handling a busy and demanding work load and have a flexible work ethos.
- Have a sound engineering background that includes electronics bias.
- Be a good faultfinder, analytical and enjoy problem solving.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and a desire to reach your clients expectations.
- Able to identify the correct parts needed for a repair
- Is for 37.5 hours per week.
- Attracts Band 4 pay scale
- Service vehicle
- NHS Pension
- Ample free parking at operations site.
- Full range of excellent NHS benefits.
WHY THIS ROLE
- As a competent engineer you will make a real difference in the community and have the satisfaction of seeing your work provide quality to people’s life
- A unique role that will challenge you and motivate you, providing a work experience unlike any other.
- Stable job security.
If you have what it takes to be our next engineering champion, then we would like to hear from you.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Stefan Sowka
- Job title
- Wheelchair Repair and Service Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0117 4145938
- Additional information