- Field Service Engineer
- Band 4
- 37.5 hours per week
- Bristol Centre for Enablement,
- Bristol; South Glos
- £19,409 - £22,683
- 20/02/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Field Service Engineer
North Bristol NHS Trust
The Wheelchair and Special Seating Repair Service, based at BCE, require an enthusiastic Field Service Engineer to join our busy Service Repair team. You will be part of one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, based at the Bristol Centre for Enablement and doing field work in the South Gloucester, Bath and Bristol area’s as part of our specialist team undertaking repairs and maintenance to a wide range of mobility equipment.
You will undertake repairs and refurbishments to mechanical and electrical medical equipment such as wheelchairs, components and batteries, carrying out diagnostic testing of faulty control boxes in a variety of community settings (eg home addresses) as well as participating in the On Call rota across the region.
- Will have the ability to work efficiently and methodically under pressure, masterminding engineering solutions.
- Be comfortable handling a busy and demanding work load and have a flexible work ethos.
- Have a sound engineering background that includes electronics bias.
- Be a good faultfinder, analytical and a problem solver.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Is for 37.5 hours per week.
- Attracts Band 4 pay scale
- Will provide you with a service vehicle
- Has ample free parking at operations site.
- Offers the full range of excellent NHS benefits.
WHY THIS ROLE
- As a competent engineer you will make a real difference in the community and have the satisfaction of seeing your work provide quality to people’s lives
- It is a unique role that will challenge you, providing a work experience unlike any other.
- It offers stable job security.
If you have what it takes to be our next engineering champion, then we would like to hear from you.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 4145974