- Band 5
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £24,214 - £30,112 per annum pro rata
- 27/03/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
So, you’re eager to learn more about Operating Department Practitioner opportunities at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons you should attend our upcoming Nursing and ODP engagement event....
- You’ll have a unique opportunity to network with matrons, and senior staff delivering exceptional healthcare across the South West, and learn more about our trust through presentations delivered by our teams.
- You’ll tour our £450 million Brunel Building and take a look at our state-of-the-art Theatres and Medirooms. A new concept in healthcare, our Medirooms combine the traditional recovery, day-case, same-day and admission areas into a single patient room environment, specifically designed to enhance patient experience by improving the level of privacy and dignity that these areas were traditionally able to cover. Patients also benefit from continuity of care as they are admitted, recovered and discharged/transferred by the same Mediroom team.
- Our anaesthetics and scrub practitioners also have access to unique multidisciplinary training delivered by our Perioperative simulation team within a purpose built simulation facility; our Clinical Simulation space.
- Learn more about our award-winning Health and Wellbeing programme, our robust and supportive preceptorship, and take the chance to sign up to our bank (featuring competitive pay rates for flexible shifts).
Once you’re here for our engagement day, you’ll learn our trust itself is pioneering, progressive and proud. For example…
- Our health and wellbeing initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
- Our staff do not shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations. We also support internal transfers for those who wish to gain experience in a new specialty or further develop their skills.
- Our staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within equality and development groups, and are given the mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust supports the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes. Our city boasts a wide range of state-of-the-art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, and excellent transport links.
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- A newly qualified ODP ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting, looking to find out more about our preceptorship, wellbeing programme, and training opportunities?
- A student ODP keen to explore what to expect from placements in the trust?
- An experienced ODP eager to channel your experience into a new and exciting post, keen to discover what our engagement days have to offer?
Yes, that’s me! When is the event and how do I book my place?
Date: Thursday 26 March
Start time: 10.00
Finish time: 13.30 (interview slots available after 13.30)
Location: Job Shop, Southmead Hospital, Southmead Road, Bristol. BS10 5NB.
- Email Nursing@nbt.nhs.uk to book your place.
- Looking to interview on the day? Submit your application on this vacancy.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).