- Band 5
- Not applicable- Event
- Not applicable - Event
- Southmead Hospital
- Not applicable- Event
- 22/03/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Theatre and Mediroom Conference – 21st March 2020- North Bristol NHS Trust
North Bristol NHS Trust is one of two designated Major Trauma Centres for the South West, servicing the Severn region. We are a regional specialist centre for a range of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics. We are proud to have one of the most modern hospitals in Europe, but most of all proud of our staff who care for patients from across the South West of England.
Join us for our first Theatre and Mediroom Conference on the 21st March 2020.
Date: Saturday 21 March 2020
Times: 09.00 – 16.30
Location: Learning and Research Building, Southmead Hospital, Bristol. BS10 5NB.
What can you expect from the day?
- A chance to hear first-hand what it is like to work in Theatres as part of a Major Trauma Centre and to hear about our innovative Medirooms, combining the traditional recovery, day-case, same day and admission areas into a single patient room environment.
- An opportunity to choose from a selection of interactive workshops and seminars, providing FREE CPD training (which can be used as participatory hours for Revalidation). Topics include:
- Joy at Work - Andrea Young- Chief Executive
- Major Trauma – the perils and pitfalls of delivering a first class service - Dr Ben Walton- Consultant in Critical Care and Anaesthesia, Clinical Lead for Major Trauma
- Quality Improvement in Theatres - Anne Pullyblank- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
Interactive Workshops, including:
- Emergency Airway Simulation
- Intra-operative Cell Savage
- Advanced Airway Workshop
- Basic Knee Anatomy and Genesis II Arthroplasty – hosted by Smith and Nephew
- Caring for patients having Awake Craniotomy
- Supporting new staff and Preceptorship in Theatres and Medirooms
- Medirooms (Pre-Operative and Post-Operative care (Recovery)).
- Complex Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- The Patient’s Journey in Medirooms: Video and Panel Discussion
- New Vessel Health Guidelines and Vessel Assessment Workshop
- An opportunity to network with Theatre Practitioners from across the South West, along with FREE lunch and refreshments on the day.
Who is this event open to?
We welcome experienced and newly qualifying Nurses and ODP’s the opportunity to attend our Theatre and Mediroom Conference.
This event is FREE to both internal and external delegates.
How do you book your place?
For queries about this event, please email: Theatre.MediroomRegistration@nbt.nhs.uk
Keep an eye on our social media pages for future updates on the event!
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).