- Band 5
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- 339-QNSEP18 (B)
- Southmead Hospital
- £22128 - £28746 per annum
- 30/06/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Are you a student nurse, due to complete your adult nursing degree by the Autumn of 2018?
Newly qualifying Staff Nurses are required by North Bristol NHS Trust, one of the largest teaching hospital trusts in the UK, providing hospital and community healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
You may be working within our state-of-the-art Brunel Building, one of the most modern hospitals in Europe, and we have a strong international reputation for clinical excellence. Your basic salary will start on £22,128 and progress up to £28,446 (AFC Band 5).
We are looking to recruit on a full-time basis and may be able to offer part-time hours; however, the ability to be flexible across our entire shift patterns is vital.
• An opportunity to work within a pioneering service - we are the Major
Trauma Centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional/national
centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics,
burns and orthopaedics.
• You will be core to an exciting opportunity to deliver patient care within an
ambitious and improving large acute NHS Trust (~£550m turnover, ~8000+
• We provide a wide range of in-house training relevant to each of our nursing
specialties, and a mentor is assigned to support your continuing
professional development. External study days are also provided for the
specialist skills required for your role and provide revalidation support for
• We offer a vibrant and friendly working environment where teamwork is
• Induction and orientation programme and a supernumerary period – we
ensure all our qualifying students take part in a competency based
Professional Development Pathway.
Bristol is consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to the spectacular countryside and coastlines of South Wales, Devon, Dorset and Cornwall.
As a Staff Nurse, you will ensure the optimum delivery of skilled patient care and provide assistance to senior clinical staff. Key duties will include:
• Basic nursing care for group of patients with multiple needs
• Organise and participate in the delivery of high standards of evidence
based nursing care
• Administration of medication
Assessment and observation of patients
• To contribute towards health promotion for all patients by providing
education, support and advice, as necessary
• To provide high quality, effective, individualised care to all patients by
assessing care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating them
The successful Nurse will be due to qualify and register with the NMC by Autumn 2018 or have completed a degree and awaiting registration. You will also be:
• Able to remain calm in pressured environments
• Resilient, ambitious and compassionate
• Excited by a new challenge
• Able to communicate effectively with both patients and staffs on all levels
• Able to work within a diverse community of patients and healthcare
What We Offer?
We can offer you a range of opportunities in both general acute and specialist areas of work, as we provide regional and national services for a number of areas. We can offer you a range of specialties to choose from:
• Medicine (Acute, Complex Care and Emergency)
• Theatres and Medi-Rooms
• Intensive Care
• Renal and Transplant
So, if you are one of those special people who live up to our values and share our passion for ‘exceptional healthcare, personally delivered’, we will love to hear from you.
If you have any questions relating to working at North Bristol NHS Trust as a Newly Qualified Nurse, or questions about the recruitment process, please feel free to contact the Recruitment Team by email: email@example.com.
For further details please contact: Debra Ford, on 0117 41 45964 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
0117 41 45964
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 41 45964