Therapy Support Worker - Band 3
NHS AfC: Band 3
- NHS AfC: Band 3
- Part time: 37.5 hours per week (37.5 hours per week)
- Southmead hospital
- £19,737 - £21,142 per annum
- Today at 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
A great opportunity has arisen to join our dynamic and innovative Physiotherapy Service. The post holders will be expected to work across the physiotherapy service.
WHY APPLY? The therapy (Physiotherapy) support worker position is a fantastic opportunity to take on a role
- Working to support patients with reduced mobility, muscle strength and flexibility by providing a range of therapy interventions to facilitate recovery and promote independence.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in busy ward environments to provide high level care and facilitate discharge home from hospital (home is best)
- Working within therapy teams where support and training will be provided
THE ROLE: As Therapy support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Treating patients referred by physiotherapists; organising and implementing physical treatment sessions from treatment protocols, monitoring patient progress.
- Working in the rehabilitation of complex patients with a variety of conditions and injuries and multiple comorbidities that are in-depth and require high level quality care; this may include patients with cognitive or communication issues
- Monitoring patient’s response to rehabilitation programmes, evaluating outcomes and adapting input as appropriate, working with patients towards their recovery and discharge
- Liaising with therapy staff and other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Supporting the administration to therapy teams with ordering of equipment data input and referrals
The successful therapy support worker will have:
- NVQ level 3 or experiential learning experience/ competency to a similar level.
- Experience of working well within a team.
- The post holder must have excellent communication skills including the ability to motivate people for positive outcomes through difficult times.
- An ability to organise and prioritise own caseload.
- Experience of working under in- direct supervision
All support workers will be involved in the provision of rostered weekend services.
Salary whilst on training will be 70% Top of Band 3
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Liz Britton
- Job title
- Lead Physiotherapist
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
For further information please contact -Liz Britton, Lead Physiotherapist 07873500234-or email@example.com