- Theatres - Anaesthetics, Scrub or Recovery
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- £25,655 - £31,534 per annum
- 26/10/2021 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
B5 Theatre Practitioner Scrub: Elective Orthopaedics
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Operating Department at North Bristol NHS Trust for an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible individual to join the Elective Orthopaedic Theatre Team as a Scrub & Circulating Practitioner. This is a real opportunity to deliver exceptional patient care in state of the art facilities.
You must be a Registered Nurse or an Operating Department Practitioner who is passionate about delivering patient care in the perioperative environment. You must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and be a team player. Experience as a Scrub & Circulating Practitioner is desirable but not essential as speciality training will be given.
Team Theatre offers a dynamic and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued. If you are committed to furthering your career pathway in theatres, we can offer you support in extending your skills, including:
- Supernumerary period
- Induction and orientation programme
- Support from your Clinical Coordinator, multi-disciplinary colleagues and a dedicated Perioperative Education Team
- Individualised training tailored to your specific requirements
- Potential for rotation to other clinical specialties as part of your ongoing development plan
- Regular in-house training programmes
- Revalidation support for NMC/HCPC registrants
So, you’re eager to learn more about Theatre Nursing opportunities at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- Our theatre department is the Major Trauma centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics. At North Bristol Trust, we are proud to offer all our Theatre Practitioners (Nurses and ODPs) the same job role and access to development opportunities.
- Our multidisciplinary team receive personalised support from the Perioperative Development Team, providing bespoke training programmes and development days for theatre staff.
- Our anaesthetics and scrub practitioners also have access to unique multidisciplinary training delivered by our Perioperative simulation team within a purpose built simulation facility; our Clinical Simulation space.
- We are also innovating the traditional recovery approach, supporting patients during admission, pre-op and post operatively within our Medirooms. A new concept in healthcare, our Medirooms combine the traditional recovery, day-case, same-day and admission areas into a single patient room environment, specifically designed to enhance patient experience by improving the level of privacy and dignity that these areas were traditionally able to offer. Patients also benefit from continuity of care as they are admitted, recovered and discharged/transferred by the same mediroom team.
But it’s not just our theatre departments which are impressive; our Trust itself is pioneering in its approach to healthcare. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and well-being initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
We value staff feedback; in the results of our 2020 staff survey, our response rate was 4% higher than the national average. We are continuing to strive for improvement with 72% of staff saying they would recommend our organisation as a place to work (up 3% from last year and 6% better than the national average)
Our staff don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations.
- Staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses and Allied Health Professionals in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow).
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- An experienced theatre nurse or Operating Department Practitioner working in Anaesthetics, Scrub or Recovery with NMC or HCPC registration, looking for a new challenge?
- A newly qualified/qualifying nurse or ODP excited about the prospect of developing your theatre career within a regional specialist centre?
- An experienced nurse with no previous theatre experience interested in beginning a new chapter in your career?
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into life at North Bristol NHS Trust (search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram)
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Kath Bloomberg
- Job title
- Perioperative Development Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0117 41 40897