- Theatres - Anaesthetics
- Up to 37.5 hours per week
- 339-Theatres- Anae-Bank
- Pay Rate starting from £18.18 p.h.
- 31/03/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Theatre Practitioners – Anaesthetic Assistant (Registered Nurses or Operating Department Practitioners), Band 5, Pay rate starting from £18.18 p.h. North Bristol
These posts are not suitable for newly qualified nurses as a specialist post basic qualification is required.
Theatre Practitioners – Anaesthetic Assistants are required by North Bristol NHS Trust, one of the largest hospital Trusts in the UK. You will be a part of a talented and prospering team and will participate in all aspects of clinical operating department work, primarily supporting the anaesthetist and also providing support to the scrub & Mediroom teams as required. You will be based within our bank team at Southmead Hospital, North Bristol, pay rates starting from £18.18 p.h. with enhancements for nights and weekends.
This post is an excellent opportunity to work within a large and dynamic theatre service boasting 34 operating theatres and interventional suites delivering a wide range of innovative surgery. We offer a vibrant and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued.
We will offer you support in extending your skills through the following:
• An opportunity to work within a pioneering service- we are the Major Trauma Centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics
• NHS Pension Scheme- Enrolment into the NHS Pension Scheme
• Flexible Working Hours- Access to our online booking platform to check shifts available and to book hours that suit you
• Full training, induction and revalidation support- paid training and induction to ensure you are ready to support the department effectively
• Free DBS Clearance
As a Theatre Practitioner- Anaesthetic Assistant you will ensure the optimum delivery of skilled care and provide assistance to the anaesthetist during all surgical procedures.
Key duties will include:
• To act as the anaesthetic assistant for a variety of specialities carried out within the department as directed
• To provide high quality, effective, Individualised care to all patients by assessing care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating them without supervision
• Ensure all equipment is cleaned, checked daily and maintained and take appropriate action in regards to faulty equipment as per Trust policy
• To assist in the handover of care to the Mediroom area
• To support the theatre and Mediroom staff as and when required
• Maintain the safety and wellbeing of patients, their relatives and staff in accordance with Health and Safety policies
• Communicate effectively at all times and maintain a harmonious working environment.
• Take an active role in maintaining effective communication with all disciplines.
The successful applicants will be Registered Nurses (NMC) with a specialist post basic qualification or Operating Department Practitioners (HCPC).
You will also have:
• Recent and significant experience working within Theatre anaesthetics
• Evidence of ongoing professional development
• Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and multidisciplinary team
Apply now! For further enquiries or more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 41 45980 / 0117 41 45975
If it’s not for you please share with anyone who might be interested – thanks!
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates that have been shortlisted!
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
email@example.com or call 0117 41 45980 / 0117 41 45975
If you have problems applying, contact