- Band 5
- Up to 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £23,023 to £29,608 per annum pro rata
- 08/01/2019 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Theatre Practitioners – Scrub (Registered Nurses or Operating Department Practitioners) Band 5 Up to £29,608 + Excellent NHS Benefits
***RELOCATION SUPPORT AVAILABLE UP TO £4,000***
****SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR OUT OF AREA CANDIDATES*****
Theatre Practitioners – Scrub are required by required by North Bristol NHS Trust, one of the largest hospital Trusts in the UK. You will be a part of a talented and thriving team and will participate in all aspects of clinical operating department work, primarily acting as a scrub & Circulating practitioner and also supporting the anaesthetic team and pre-op and recovery staff as required.
You will be based at our state-of-the art £450m Southmead Hospital with a basic salary between £23,023 to £29,608 (AFC Band 5)
We offer flexible interview options – if you do not live locally we can offer interviews via Skype or face to face –whichever is easiest for you.
This is a full-time role but the Trust is open to hearing from practitioners seeking to negotiate a part-time opportunity; however, fixed hours cannot be guaranteed. WHY APPLY?: This post is an excellent opportunity to work within a large and dynamic theatre service boasting 34 operating theatres and interventional suites delivering a wide range of pioneering surgery. We offer a vibrant and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued.
We will offer you support in extending your skills through the following:
- An opportunity to work within a pioneering service- we are the Major Trauma Centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics
- Variety- you will have the opportunity to scrub for a wide variety of surgical procedures across a range of specialties
- Professional Development- access available to a Peri-Operative Development Team to support and facilitate induction and development
- Induction and orientation programme and a supernumerary period
- Regular in-house training programmes and free access to the NBT Theatre Conference
- Career development - the option for bespoke rotation packages across specialties, and a well-structured and supported preceptorship programme to help you achieve your career aspirations and realise your full potential.
- Relocation support available for up to £4,000 for eligible applicants*. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (eg Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome and Thornbury)
Relocation support- available for up to £4,000 for eligible applicants*. Please email email@example.com for more details.
THE ROLE As a Theatre Practitioner – Scrub you will ensure the optimum delivery of skilled care and provide assistance to the surgeons during all surgical procedures. Key duties will include:
- Provide instruments and supplies to the surgeons during all surgical procedures whether under local or general anaesthetic
- Act as the circulating practitioner for a variety of surgical specialities
- To provide high quality, effective, Individualised care to all patients by assessing care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating them without supervision.
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned, checked daily and maintained and take appropriate action in regards to faulty equipment as per Trust policy.
- To assist in the handover of care to the Mediroom area
- To support the anaesthetic and Mediroom staff as and when required
- Maintain the safety and wellbeing of patients, their relatives and staff in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Communicate effectively at all times and maintain a harmonious working environment.
The successful applicants will be registered Nurses (NMC) or Operating Department Practitioners (HCPC).
- You will also have: Knowledge of patient care needs during surgery
- The availability to work a full pattern of shifts, including late shifts, week-ends, nights and bank holidays
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and multidisciplinary team.
- Experience of supporting students and novice staff
Apply now! Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01173 402 597 for more information.
We offer flexible working in line with our flexible working policy.
If it’s not for you please share with anyone who might be interested – thanks! Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates that have been shortlisted!
****This Role is eligible for our Internal Refer a Friend Scheme****
*Relocation- Criteria for eligibility is detailed in Trust Relocation policy and will need to be confirmed at offer.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
email@example.com or call us on 0117 41 45980 / 0117 41 45975