- Surgical Nursing
- Band 5
- 37.5 hours per week
- Brunel Building
- £23,023 - £29,608 per anum pro rata
- 14/11/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Registered Nurse Band 5 – Surgical Admissions Unit
***RELOCATION SUPPORT AVAILABLE UP TO £4,000***
We are looking to recruit Registered Nurses to work in our Surgical Admissions Unit which is part of the largest Division at North Bristol Trust. The ward is a single point of entry for all emergency surgical admissions. This is a busy unit that cares for patients from a range of specialties including Urology, Vascular and General Surgery.
You will be based at our state-of-the art £450m Southmead Hospital with a basic salary £23,023 and £29,608 (AFC Band 5) dependent on experience/service, plus excellent NHS benefits.
****SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR OUT OF AREA CANDIDATES*****
- Experience to work in an Acute high skilled ward
- Flexible interview options – – If you do not live locally we can offer interviews via Skype or face to face –whichever is easiest for you.
- Build a vast knowledge across all hospital specialties
- Excellent mentoring and preceptorship
- Close working with the surgical doctors to provide high quality care for patients
- Being part of a vital Team
- Relocation support available for up to £4,000 for eligible applicants*. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome and Thornbury)
Relocation support- available for up to £4,000 for eligible applicants*. Please email email@example.com for more details.
THE ROLE – As a Staff Nurse, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centered care, which is of a high standard. Key duties will include:
- To be responsible for assessment, planning, provision, maintenance and evaluation of patient care
- To be flexible in working across shift patterns covering a 24 hour period
- To actively contribute to the provision of a good learning environment by taking on the role of mentor/assessor
- To be the first point of contact for patients who are admitted to the unit.
- Working within a team of nurses who will be responsible to provide all patients with a high standard of individualized patient care depending on their needs
- To work in a busy environment where change happens at any time
- Supporting the Hot Clinic
YOU: The successful Staff Nurse will be:
- A Registered Nurse with active NMC registration
- Passionate and empathic with patients
- Dynamic and professional individual
- Knowledgeable & understands and adheres to policy and procedures
- Team Player who is able to work within a team in a busy environment supporting colleagues to provide the best care for the patient
Apply now! Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01174 145 980 for more information.
We offer flexible working in line with our flexible working policy.
If it’s not for you please share with anyone who might be interested – thanks!
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates that have been shortlisted!
****This Role is eligible for our Internal Refer a Friend Scheme****
*Relocation- Criteria for eligibility is detailed in Trust Relocation policy and will need to be confirmed at offer.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).