- Specialist Medicine
- Band 5
- Up to 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £22,128 - £28,746 per annum pro rata
- 31/03/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Registered Nurse- Gastroenterology, Haematology and Infectious Diseases, Band 5, salary up to £28k, North Bristol NHS Trust
Registered Nurses required to work within our ‘Marvellous Medicine’ division at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Gate 8a is a busy, fast paced unit caring for patients with acute complex needs in the specialities of Gastroenterology, Haematology and Infectious Diseases. Our Infectious Diseases unit is the Regional Specialist across the South West for complex and rare infections. You will be based in Southmead Hospital, North Bristol, with a salary from £22k to £28k, dependent on experience + excellent NHS benefits.
WHY APPLY? This Registered Nurse position gives a fantastic opportunity for a role with-
- Diverse patients- with three sub specialities on the ward, you will gain experience and working relationships with patients with a variety of medical conditions and requirements
- Professional development- rotational opportunities available within the sub specialities, providing a great opportunity to develop experience for those who aspire for a future within ED/ITU
- A supportive, strong leader- ward manager is a visible role model with an open door policy
- An active teaching programme-department has an active teaching programme and can provide the opportunity for those who wish to participate in a Link Nurse role, where you will be allocated responsibilities for a specific subject (I.e. Nutrition)
- Excellent working facilities- you will be based in the Brunel building at Southmead Hospital which has been named the best designed large hospital internationally at the European Healthcare Awards.
- Award winning location- Bristol has been consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to spectacular countryside and coastlines.
THE ROLE: In this Registered Nurse post, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centred care. Key duties will include:
- Providing nursing care for a group of patients with multiple complex needs
- Assessing patients changing conditions and delegating care taking into account staff skills and competence
- Administering medication and for some multiple complex intravenous therapies
- Providing support in other areas of the medicine division as appropriate
YOU: The successful candidate will be:
- A Registered Nurse
- A team player who remains calm in pressured environments
- Compassionate and strong
- Able to recognise own limitations and to not be afraid to ask for support
- Excited by the thought of a new challenge
Gate 8a has vacancies for both experienced and newly qualified Registered Nurses. Experience in acute medicine will be an advantage but not necessary as you will be supported with your professional development.
APPLY NOW! For further enquiries or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If it’s not for you, please share with anyone who may be interested- Thanks.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
email@example.com or call us on 01174 145 975