Occupational Therapist / Specialist AAC
- Specialist AAC Occupational Therapist
- Band 6
- Fixed term: 2 years
- 37.5 hours per week
- Bristol Centre for Enablement
- £31,365 - £37,890 per annum
- 01/11/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
**PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY**
Specialist AAC Occupational Therapist - Band 6
Bristol £31,365 - £37,890 per annum
AAC West of England Specialist Service are looking to recruit a suitably qualified Occupational Therapist to join the team as a specialist Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) clinician.
AAC WEST holds the NHS England contract for the South West to deliver highly specialist communication aid assessments for both children and adults. The role will allow the successful candidate to work alongside experienced therapists to develop their competencies in the area of AAC.
The role is based at The Bristol Centre for Enablement in Patchway, on the outskirts of Bristol with excellent motorway links for easy access. This is a band 6 post and so has a salary range of £31,365 - £37,890 depending on experience.
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity:
- To develop skills in the area of AAC
- To work in a collaborative MDT Team
- To work in a health care setting that is being invested in by NHS England
- To have relevant Continuing Professional Development
As an AAC practitioner within AAC WEST, you will hold your own caseload of clients with the following key duties:
- To work within the AAC WEST MDT to deliver high quality AAC appointments to clients (children and adults)living in the South West area
- To mount AAC devices to clients wheelchair
- To assess and implement strategies for access to AAC devices
- To work with local teams and professions to implement AAC strategies for clients on your caseload
- To deliver training relating to AAC throughout the South West
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with children or adults with complex neurological, physical, sensory and postural needs
- Have an interest in the role that technology can play assisting in daily life and preferably experience of working in the field of AAC
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a full driving license to meet the travelling demands of the role
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
Please be aware that this vacancy may close early if a high number of applications are received.
Key words: Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Communication Aids, Assistive Technology, Occupational Therapist
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Vicky Styles
- Job title
- Clinical Lead AAC WEST
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0117 414 5850
- Additional information
For more information regarding the post or to arrange an informal visit please contact Victoria Styles via email; email@example.com or call on 0117 414 5850