Senior Purchasing Specialist
- Senior Purchasing Specialist
- Band 7
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital, Bristol
- £38,890 - £44,503 per annum Salary is dependant on experience
- 18/04/2021 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Senior Purchasing Specialist – NHS, Bristol, £38,890 - £44,503 + excellent NHS benefits
Bristol & Weston Purchasing Consortium (BWPC) have an opportunity for a new Senior Purchasing Specialist to join our busy, award-winning team. Based at Southmead Hospital Bristol, we require an experienced individual to join our Indirect Sourcing team, supporting a range of key projects sourcing goods and services, deriving strategic benefit and cost reduction for the clients it supports across a number of key spend categories.
BWPC are proud to feature amongst our clients 2 of the largest NHS Acute Trusts in the UK. We support regional procurement activity, working to ensure our local health and welfare providers are able to deliver whole system cost reduction, whilst ensuring an optimised service delivery.
THE ROLE: As a Senior Purchasing Specialist with the Indirect Sourcing team, your primary activities will focus on the following:-
- Procurement strategy development
- Procurement strategy execution
- Supply base management
- Stakeholder relationship management
- People management and leadership
YOU: The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Circa 6 years’ experience of a procurement/contracting operating at a strategic level with evidence of applying Category Management principles,
- Record of realising sustainable financial savings and cost reduction together with evidence of leading procurements which result in tangible business change
- Analytical, numerical and problem solving skills – with the ability to both interpret and present outputs to influence key procurement strategy decisions
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills, both with external supply base and internally with key client stakeholders
For further details, please access the Job Description and the Person Specification.
Closing date: Sunday 18th April 2021 apply now or contact Marie-Clare Reid at Marie-Clare.Reid@NBT.NHS.UK if you have further questions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Marie-Clare Reid
- Job title
- Category Manager
- Email address