- Band 5
- Up to 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £23,023 - £29,608 per annum pro rata
- 07/08/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Registered Nurse- Respiratory, Band 5, salary between £23,023 and £29,608 per annum (+excellent NHS benefits), ***SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CANDIDATES***
Registered Nurses required to work within our ‘Marvellous Medicine’ division at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Gate 27b is a 33 bedded ward caring for patients with a wide range of Respiratory conditions, including HDU and palliative care. The ward has 8 HDU beds and will often take ICU step down patients. You will be based at our award winning Brunel building within Southmead Hospital, North Bristol.
Salary range: between £23,023 to £29,608, (AFC, band 5) dependent on experience, plus an additional supplement of 30% for Saturdays and between 8pm and 6am and a 60% supplement for Sundays and bank holidays for any work undertaken as a result of working on a shift out of hours. You will also be eligible for a wide variety of excellent NHS benefits.
WHY APPLY? This Registered Nurse position gives a fantastic opportunity for a role with-
- Variety- you will be working on a busy acute ward caring for patients with varying oxygen demands and ventilation support.
- Flexible interview options-we can offer interviews via Skype or face to face, whichever is easiest for you
- Training- you will be given training in care for patients on non-invasive ventilation and patients with Tracheostomy. You will also have the opportunity to participate in twice yearly study day where you will job shadow our Respiratory Nurse Specialists.
- Professional development- you will have exposure to high dependency patients and managing their acute care needs, providing a great opportunity to develop experience for those aspiring for a future within ED/ITU. There is also the opportunity to take part in a rotation programme across the medicine division in Complex Care, Specialist and Acute medicine
- Excellent working facilities- you will be based in the Brunel building at Southmead Hospital which has been named the best designed large hospital internationally at the European Healthcare Awards.
- Award winning location- Bristol has been consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to spectacular countryside and coastlines. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome, Thornbury, Weston-Super-Mare).
THE ROLE: In this Registered Nurse post, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centered care. Key duties will include:
- Providing nursing care for a group of patients with multiple complex needs
- Developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care
- Assessing patients changing conditions and delegating care taking into account staff skills and competence
- Providing support in other areas of the medicine division as appropriate
YOU: The successful candidates for this Registered Nurse vacancy will be:
- A Registered Nurse
- A team player with empathy for patients
- Resilient with the ability to remain calm in pressured situations
Gate 27b has vacancies for experienced and newly qualified Band 5 Registered Nurses. Experience in acute respiratory medicine will be an advantage but not necessary as we are happy to support your development.
APPLY NOW! For further enquiries or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If it’s not for you, please share with anyone who may be interested- Thanks.
***This role is eligible for our internal Refer a Friend scheme***
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
email@example.com or 01174 145 975