Research Nurse - Band 5
- Band 5
- Fixed term: 12 months
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week (Part time/Jobs shares will be considered. Some weekend working may be requires)
- Southmead Hospital
- £24,907 - £30,615 per annum pro rata
- Today at 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Band 5 Research Nurse
Full time/Part time
Research and Innovation at Southmead are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Research Nurse to join the Respiratory Research Team.
You will be supporting the research team to deliver safe and effective research in respiratory infection and acute respiratory disease.
Acute lower respiratory tract disease remains among the most important cause of hospitalisation and death around the world, but the disease burden and risk factors for disease remain unclear. Importantly, whilst there are current and pipeline vaccines against respiratory infection, we do not know how much disease they will prevent and what patient groups may benefit the most from vaccination strategies.
You will work with a group of enthusiastic, friendly and dedicated doctors, research nurses, physios and administrators to deliver the research in this area
Keys elements of this role include:
- liaising with healthy volunteers and patients
- screening participants for enrolment
- monitoring participants during in-patient stays
- undertaking clinical study procedures (including phlebotomy, nasal sampling and urine collection)
- Collecting and inputting clinical data.
What we have to offer:
- You will be working with a successful & friendly Respiratory research team that is part of the Research & Innovation Department
- NBT Research Infrastructure consists of >130 people, giving you the opportunities to share learning and get to know others in this field
- Opportunities to network with other researchers across NBT and the local network
- Access to a supportive training and development environment
- Research & Innovation have been awarded Investors in People Silver Award (2019 – 2022)
If you are looking for a new challenge working as part of a friendly team to deliver this important research then get in touch!
We are offering this post as full time or part time/job share for a 1 year fixed term period, in the first instance.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Anna Morley, Senior Research Nurse
0117 414 8114