Research Nurse- Surgery
NHS AfC: Band 6
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Fixed term: 13 months
- Full time: 37.5hrs per week
- Southmead Hopsital, North Bristol NHS Trust
- £31,365 - £37,890 per annum
- 28/10/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Band 6 Research Nurse- Surgery
Come and join our surgical research team!!
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Research Nurse to join our Surgical Research Team at Southmead Hospital.
Our surgical research team covers the areas of Colorectal, Breast and Vascular Surgery. This post will be focused on the delivery of colorectal research.
In this role, you will be responsible for the feasibility assessment, set up and subsequent recruitment and follow up to the studies; you will have the support of our senior research nurse.
We are keen to grow our colorectal and general surgery portfolio and have motivated and enthusiastic consultant/MDT team who have big ambitions!
If you are driven with the energy and passion to support this growth and really care about improving patient care then get in touch!
We are looking for:
- A qualified nurse with current NMC registration
- With a keen interest in colorectal surgery
- Experience of clinical research is preferred or a strong desire to work in this area
- A desire to make a real difference to clinical care
- Meticulous nursing practice with outstanding attention to detail
- Good IT skills
We are offering:
- A job within an Innovative and highly effective friendly team
- Be part of the NBT Research Infrastructure of >120 people and have opportunities to network with other researchers
- A supportive training and development environment
The post holder will be employed by the Research & Innovation Department of North Bristol Trust. Research and Innovation have recently been awarded Silver accreditation with “Investors in People” which underlines our commitment to support and lead our staff to be the best they can be.
If you would like to learn more about the role please do get in touch, we welcome informal visits
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Samantha Loud
- Job title
- Senior Research Nurse- Surgery
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0117 414 9330