Research Nurse/Allied Health Care Profession- Orthopaedics
NHS AfC: Band 5
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Fixed term: 13 month duration
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital, North Bristol NHS Trust
- £24,907 - £30,615 per annum
- 22/10/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Band 5 Research Nurse/Allied Health Professional – Trauma & Orthopaedics
Research & Innovation are looking to recruit an experienced Nurse or Allied Health Professional to work within our established trauma and orthopaedic research team for a 1 year fixed term post for 37.5hrs per week. Full or part time options and secondments will be considered.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a well established research team which offers a friendly and supportive work environment. The post constitutes a significant opportunity for those who wish to build on their existing experience and contribute to the development of evidence based patient care.
The research role will include:
- The delivery of the studies within the NHS setting.
- Recruitment and monitoring participants according to trial protocols.
- Collecting data in a timely manner, whilst maintaining confidentiality, in accordance with the data protection act.
- Working closely with other members of the trauma & orthopaedic Research team, keeping the whole team updated with existing and new studies.
- Ensuring data entry and site files are inputted and maintained according to study protocols and ICH-GCP guidelines.
- Reporting adverse events according to NBT Adverse Events Reporting Policy.
- Assessment of patients and referral to other health professionals as required with any concerns.
North Bristol NHS Trust recognises the need to invest in our research staff and is dedicated to the training and development of all members of the research teams. During the contract the individual will develop skills and competence through working under ICH-GCP guidelines.
The line management responsibility for this post will lie with the Research & Innovation department, although the day to day management will be implemented through the clinical area.
Please see the person specification and job description for further details.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Ruth Halliday or Steven Barnfield
- Job title
- Senior Research Physio/Senior Research Nurse
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0117 414 1690