Staff Nurse Haemodialysis - Band 5
- Renal - Haemodialysis Unit
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Cossham Hospital, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 1LF
- £24907 - £30615 per annum (pro rata)
- 27/04/2021 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Staff Nurse – Haemodialysis Unit, Band 5
A opportunity has arisen for Staff Nurse to work within one of our Haemodialysis Unit.
You will be based within the Cossham Satellite Unit, this unit is located within the grounds of Cossham Hospital, Kingswood, Bristol. This unit is nurse-led and supported by a visiting consultant nephrologist.
Cossham Satellite Unit is part of the Richard Bright Renal Unit, a regional renal transplant centre with five Haemodialysis Satellite Units across the south west area. We also have an acute haemodialysis unit, an inpatient renal dialysis and renal transplant ward based at Southmead Hospital, Bristol.
We are keen to support experienced and newly qualified nurses and to inspire them to develop themselves professionally on their journey through their nursing career.
WHY APPLY? This Staff Nurse role provides a fantastic opportunity to take a role with:
Development opportunities- you will develop expert skills in Haemodialysis and renal specialist care and have access to educational opportunities to attend renal specialist courses.
- Strong nursing leadership- we have a very supportive leader who is a visible role model with an open door policy
- An active teaching programme- with an opportunity for Link Nurse responsibilities
The Role: As a Staff Nurse within our department, key duties will include:
• Providing specialist nursing care for a group of patients with multiple complex needs with end-stage renal failure that requires haemodialysis, therefore requiring the use of hemodialysis technology
• Assessment and observation of patients and administering medication
• Opportunity to take charge of the ward with a Band 6 colleague to develop co-ordination and leadership skills
Patients attending haemodialysis undergo treatment to remove waste products from the blood stream using a dialysis machine. As kidney failure is a long term condition, patients and staff develop long term professional relationships. Patient treatment can take them through transfers to other treatment modes for example transplantation or peritoneal dialysis and supportive care for those patients nearing the end of their lives.
We support our patients to work jointly with staff in decision making on their treatment and active involvement in the treatment procedure through shared and self-care programmes.
YOU: The successful candidate will:
• Be a Registered Nurse with current NMC registration & Pin Number
• Have an ability to remain calm in pressured environments.
• Be a team player with empathy for patients
• Have a good sense of humour and resilience
• Be IT literate
• Be excited for a new challenge
If it’s not for you please share with anyone who may be interested – Thanks!
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Sister Alice Raju
Cossham Satellite Unit