- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Part time: 18 hours per week
- Bristol Centre for Enablement
- £31,365 - £37,890 per annum, pro rata
- 14/06/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Band 6 Physiotherapist – Amputee Rehabilitation, 18 hours per week, NHS, North Bristol NHS Trust, Salary up to £37890 (pro rata) + excellent NHS benefits
A Physiotherapist in Amputee Rehabilitation is required by one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Based at the Bristol Centre for Enablement with a basic salary of up to £37890 (pro rata) + excellent NHS benefits, you will be responsible for assessing and treating both adult and paediatric patients with limb loss and enable patient centred rehabilitation with and without a prosthesis.
WHY APPLY? The Physiotherapy position is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills within a regional centre which hosts a multidisciplinary team of professionals specifically involved with prosthetic rehabilitation for individuals who have undergone amputation or who have congenital limb loss. You will also be involved in developing and expanding the physiotherapy aspect of the service, in keeping with NHSE policies, working alongside a Specialist Physiotherapist and two experienced Assistant Practitioners.
We can offer a friendly, supportive environment to develop your skills in amputee rehabilitation in return for your enthusiasm and commitment to the specialty.
And not to mention the opportunity to further develop your professional career path within one of the UK's largest NHS Trusts (£550m turnover and 8000+ staff), all whilst working with fantastic bunch of colleagues and making the world a better place working for the NHS!
If you are looking to relocate to Bristol, you may be eligible for relocation support for up to £4,000.
THE ROLE: As the Physiotherapist, your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing newly referred amputees attending the centre for prosthetic provision, predominantly lower limb
- Training the patient in the use of a prosthesis including Microprocessor Knees
- Liaising with physiotherapy colleagues in the many rehabilitation settings that patients continue their rehab following delivery of their prosthesis and initial rehabilitation at the BCE
- Providing reviews for longer term patients
- Maintaining a highly specialist caseload of patients from a wide geographical area
YOU: The successful Physiotherapist will have good experience including:
- Working with amputees and/or people with severe physical disabilities
- Carrying out complex assessments and formulating treatment plans
- Knowledge of appropriate outcome measures in amputee rehabilitation
- Working as a team to ensure patients achieve their maximum potential
Closing date: 14 June 2020 – Apply now! Or contact Anne Harrill on 0117 414 5862 or email Anne.Harrill@nbt.nhs.uk if you have further questions.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further details and informal visits, contact Anne Harrill on 0117 414 5862 or email Anne.Harrill@nbt.nhs.uk