- Band 8B
- 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead hospital
- £49,242 - £59,964 per annum
- Today at 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Principal Pharmacist - Medicine – Band 8B up to £59,964K & excellent benefits
A fantastic opportunity for a Principal Pharmacist to work with the Division of Medicine at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts.
WHY APPLY? : This Principal Pharmacist role is a great opportunity to:
- Shape the future of Clinical pharmacy within the Division using national programmes and local policies
- Implement innovative ways to improve patient flow and optimise resources
- Professional Development –including leadership programmes
- Great Team – work closely with the division, a supportive senior pharmacy structure and specialist pharmacists in the pharmacy divisional structure.
- An excellent location - the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art.
- The trust has 3 clinical divisions. This job is to lead and manage a team of pharmacists for the Division of Medicine, including specialist band 8a and 7 posts in respiratory, HIV, medical admissions, palliative care, cardiology, gastroenterology and care of the elderly.
- Ensure clinical pharmacy continues to develop a high quality service in line with our STP and hospital medicine optimisation plans.
- Work closely with pharmacy colleagues and the division on strategic plans
- Identify savings for the division and ensure that the plans are realised
- Ensure and encourage staff development
YOU: We are looking for candidates with:
- Good leadership
- Clinical Hospital Pharmacist experience
- Management Skills
- Passion to develop a high quality service
- Enthusiasm for Service Development
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 414 1151