- Operations Management
- Band 8B
- 37.5 hours
- £49,242 - £59,964 per annum
- 31/01/2019 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Operations Manager – Pharmacy , NHS, Bristol, £49,242 - £59,964 per annum + excellent NHS benefits
A key leadership role has arisen within one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Based at Southmead Hospital with a salary of £49,242 - £59,964 per annum + excellent NHS benefits.
The Primary role of this role is to be Managerially responsible for multiple Pharmacy services:- Dispensary, Medicine Distribution, Medicine Procurement, Pharmacy Stores and Homecare.
You will also be responsible for the delivery of the major incident and business continuity plans, the security of the department and the safe storage of medicines.
The Pharmacy Department is committed to providing a high quality clinical service and improving patient safety through standard and innovative practices that supports our working patterns in the new hospital and our Trust’s objectives.
WHY APPLY? This post is ideally suited to someone who:
- Is motivated by well-managed change across traditional professional boundaries and wants to extend their experience at a senior management level in a progressive environment.
- Has a clear understanding of the modernisation agenda, the opportunities for redesigning services and the tool techniques for assessing the impact of change in service provision including process mapping
- State of the art facilities including the largest pharmacy automation robot in Europe
Note –a background in pharmacy/pharmaceuticals is desirable, but not essential
THE ROLE: As Job Title, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic and operational leadership for the development of pharmacy services within the acute care setting.
- Through collaborative leadership they will be expected to develop and deliver a vision for excellence in pharmaceutical care taking account of the challenging landscape across all care settings, providing and maintaining best practice in pharmacy services.
- Direct operational management and organisation of a large and complex clinical service, effectively managing all human, financial and other resources.
YOU: The successful Operations Manager will have:
- Significant experience in leading service development and successfully managing change projects is essential.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of Operational Management in a large organisation, including accountability for a significant budget.
- Experience of compiling annual Service Delivery Plans, to include capacity planning and Business Case development.
- Experience of managing and actively participating in programmes of continuous improvement and change management in complex environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire multi-professional teams will be essential.
North Bristol Trust is a major Teaching Trust with services provided from our state-of-the-art pharmacy department based in the hospital at Southmead. Our Trust is the largest in the South West and has a number of specialties including, Renal Medicine and Transplantation, HIV, Haematology, Urology, Neonatology, Respiratory, Major Trauma, Neurology and Neurosurgery
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Jane Coleborn, Director of Pharmacy, tel 0117 41 42276, email Jane.Coleborn@nbt.nhs.uk
Ian Fielding, Chief Technician, tel 0117 41 42277 email Ian.Fielding@nbt.nhs.uk
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 414 1151