- Obstetric Theatre
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- 22.5 Hours per week
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- £23,023 - £29,608 per annum pro rata
- 24/07/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Theatre Practitioners – Scrub (Registered Nurses or Operating Department Practitioners) Band 5 Theatre Practitioners – Scrub are required by North Bristol NHS Trust, one of the largest hospital Trusts in the UK.
You will be a part of a talented and thriving team and will participate in all aspects of clinical operating department work, primarily acting as a scrub & Circulating practitioner and also supporting the anaesthetic team and pre-op and recovery staff as required.
You’ll be based within our maternity team at Southmead Hospital, North Bristol, pay rates starting from £18.18 p.h. with enhancements for nights and weekends. WHY APPLY? :
This post is an excellent opportunity to work within a large and dynamic theatre service within the obstetric in maternity. We offer a vibrant and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued.
We will offer you support in extending your skills through the following:
• NHS Pension Scheme - Enrolment into the NHS Pension Scheme.
•Flexible Working Hours - Access to our online booking platform to check shifts available and to book hours that suit you.
• Full training, induction and revalidation support- paid training and induction to ensure you are ready to support the department effectively.
• Free DBS Clearance THE ROLE As a Theatre Practitioner – Scrub you will ensure the optimum delivery of skilled care and provide assistance to the surgeons during all surgical procedures.
Key duties will include:
• Providing instruments and supplies to the surgeons during all surgical procedures whether under local or general anaesthetic.
• Act as the circulating practitioner for a variety of surgical specialities.
• To provide high quality, effective, Individualised care to all patients by assessing care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating them without supervision.
• Ensure all equipment is cleaned, checked daily and maintained and take appropriate action in regards to faulty equipment as per Trust policy.
• To assist in the handover of care to the Mediroom area.
• To support the anaesthetic and Mediroom staff as and when required.
• Maintain the safety and wellbeing of patients, their relatives and staff in accordance with Health and Safety policies.
• Communicate effectively at all times and maintain a harmonious working environment. YOU The successful applicants will be registered Nurses (NMC) or Operating Department Practitioners (HCPC).
You will also have:
• Hold RN (adult) or ODP registration.
• Significant experience working within Theatre Scrub, working across a variety of specialties including emergency, general and orthopaedics.
• Evidence of ongoing professional development.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and multidisciplinary team.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For any further information please contact Nicola Chinnock on either 0117 414 6912 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or
Julie Dyer on email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact