- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Band 5
- Up to 37.5 hours per week
- 339-HOS NICU-A
- Southmead Hospital
- £23,023 - £29,608 per annum pro rata
- 14/11/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Staff Nurse, Neonatal Intensive Care, Band 5, salary between £23,023 - £29,608 & Excellent Benefits
**RELOCATION SUPPORT AVAILABLE UP TO £4,000***
***SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CANDIDATES***
Staff Nurse required to work within the Neonatal Intensive Care department at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Southmead Hospital is a well-established Level 3 unit providing a centre of excellence for babies requiring medical and neurological assessment and treatment. We have 34 cots, comprising of 8 ITU, 8 HDU and 18 SC, with an additional 10 cots on our Transitional Care Ward. As a regional referral centre, we take patients from 23 week gestation and sick babies from our Network and further afield. We are looking for flexible, innovative and highly motivated nurses to join our dynamic service. You will be based in the Women and Children’s Health division within Southmead Hospital, North Bristol.
Salary Range: between £23,023 to £29,608 (AFC, band 5) dependent on experience, plus an additional supplement of 30% for Saturdays and between 8pm and 6am and a 60% supplement for Sundays and bank holidays for any work undertaken as a result of working on a shift out of hours. You will also be eligible for a wide variety of excellent NHS benefits.
WHY APPLY? : This Staff Nurse role offers a fantastic opportunity to take a role with:
• Focus on high quality care- The MBRRACE document identifies the unit as among the best tertiary centres in the country for the outcomes of extremely premature infants
• Professional development- opportunities available to obtain external qualification in specialty and become a Neonatal Specialist Nurse
• Access to a Practice Development Team- our internal Practice Development Team provide support for personal development towards your skills and aspirations
• Rewarding outcomes- working within a supportive team to provide compassionate care to our patients and their families
• An Excellent Location- the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome, Thornbury)
Flexible interview options are available- we can offer interviews via Skype or face to face, whichever is easiest for you.
THE ROLE: As a Staff Nurse, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centered care, which is of a high standard. Key duties will include:
• Taking regular responsibility to carry out required planned, direct patient care to a high standard without direct supervision in accordance with established nursing procedures and policies
• To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes to a patient’s condition or situation
• To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are treated with courtesy at all times, the individual needs of patients are respected and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
YOU: The successful candidate for this Staff Nurse vacancy will have the following:
• Hold RN (adult or child) or RM (midwifery) registration with current NMC license to practice
• Evidence of continued professional development
• Enthusiasm and ability to learn
If not already obtained, you will be expected to complete the Approved Neonatal Life Support Course, provided at Southmead and encouraged to apply for neonatal qualifications when in post.
We offer flexible working in line with our flexible working policy.
Apply now! For further enquiries or more information please contact email@example.com or call us on 0117 41 45980 / 0117 41 45975
***This role is eligible for our Internal Refer a Friend scheme***
If it’s not for you, please share with anyone who may be interested – thanks!
*Relocation- Criteria for eligibility is detailed in Trust Relocation policy and will need to be confirmed at offer.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 41 45980