- Musculoskeletal/neuroscience wards
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Up to 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £23,023 - £29,608per annum
- 08/01/2019 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Staff Nurse – Major trauma – Band 5 Up to £29.6k + Excellent NHS Benefits
***RELOCATION SUPPORT AVAILABLE UP TO £4,000***
****SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CANDIDATES****
Staff Nurses are required to join our committed nursing team on Gate 26B. This ward is a busy 33 bedded major trauma ward with 24 single rooms and 2 four bedded bays with patients looked after by several different teams – orthopaedics, general surgery, neuro-surgery as well as plastics. North Bristol Trust is the major trauma centre for the Southwest of England.
You will be based at our state-of-the art £450m Southmead Hospital with a basic salary between £23,023k to £29,608k (AFC Band 5) – depending on experience, plus an additional supplement of 30% for Saturdays between 8pm and 6am and 60% supplement for Sundays and Bank holidays for any work undertaken as a result of working on a shift out of hours.
JOIN THE TEAM TO:
- Work within our Major Trauma centre alongside the multi-disciplinary team
- Benefit from ample opportunities to develop your clinical skills
- Assist and follow patients after trauma in order to provide the best care for them and their families
WE CAN OFFER:
- Flexible interview options –via Skype or face to face –whichever is easiest for you.
- Offering short or long shifts , full or part time
- Speciality specific ward based and classroom training
- Development opportunities
- We offer flexible working in line with our flexible working policy.
- Relocation support- available for up to £4,000 for eligible applicants*. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (eg Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome and Thornbury)
THE ROLE – Key duties will include:
- Working with patients who have undergone emergency surgery for trauma related injuries
- Being responsible for coordinating and providing complete care to allocated patients and work as a part of the team
- Working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team, including Therapists, doctors and specialty nurses.
- To be actively involved in their own development and supporting junior member s of the team in their development
- Supporting patients and their families during their stay
- Supporting junior nurses and student nurses.
- To strictly adhere to local and trust wide Infection Control policy and procedures
YOU: The successful Staff Nurse will be:
- A Registered Nurse with active NMC registration
- Flexible and willing to undertake internal rotation to night duty and weekends
- Team player
- Experienced in an Acute Hospital setting which is desirable but not essential
- Hardworking with the drive to go the extra mile
Apply now! Or contact email@example.com / 01174 145 980 for more information. If it’s not for you please share with anyone who might be interested – thanks! Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates that have been shortlisted!
****This Role is eligible for our Internal Refer a Friend Scheme****
**Relocation - Criteria for eligibility is detailed in Trust Relocation policy and will need to be confirmed at offer**.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Eva Stacey - Eva.Stacey@nbt.nhs.uk