- Medicine- Elderly Care
- Band 5
- Up to 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £23,023 - £29,608 per annum pro rata
- 15/11/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Registered Nurse- Band 5 - Elderly Care, salary between £23, 023 to £29,608 ***RELOCATION SUPPORT AVAILABLE***
Registered Nurses required to work within our acute elderly care department in Elgar House at North Bristol NHS Trust. Elgar House supports patients to make the transition from hospital to home and it is focussed on rehabilitation, reablement and recovery. You will be based within the Medicine Division at Southmead Hospital, Bristol.
Salary range: between £23,023 to £29,608, (AFC, band 5) dependent on experience, plus an additional supplement of 30% for Saturdays and between 8pm and 6am and a 60% supplement for Sundays and bank holidays for any work undertaken as a result of working on a shift out of hours. You will also be eligible for a wide variety of excellent NHS benefits.
WHY APPLY? This Registered Nurse role offers a fantastic opportunity with-
- Focus on making a difference- you will work in partnership with patients by encouraging and empowering them to be as independent as possible
- Flexible interview options- we can offer interviews via Skype or face to face- whichever is easiest for you
- Relocation support -available for up to £4,000 for eligible applicants*. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Professional development- you will be provided with training appropriate to progress your career aspirations and take part in internal development sessions (i.e. the department run a ‘Focus of the Month’ session to provide training within a particular subject)
- Rotations- there is also the opportunity to take part in a rotation programme across the medicine division in Complex Care, Specialist and Acute medicine
- Excellent departmental leadership- the leadership team are focussed on providing an pleasant environment for both patients and staff
- Fantastic location- the trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in the UK 2017, Bristol is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe inspiring street art. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome, Thornbury)
Why our Nurses choose Elgar House?
“I love my team and I am proud to support patients with complex medical problems and discharge issues”
Zahida, Staff Nurse
“We have great cohesion and team spirit. Elgar House is the place to be!”
Annette- Staff Nurse
“Elgar House is a terrific place to work; the team are enthusiastic for quality patient care and are inspired by strong leaders. Patient and staff wellbeing is a strong focus of the Ward”
Becky, Practice Development Nurse
- Director of Nursing 2018- Student Nurse of the year- winner
- Director of Nursing 2018- Nursing Team of the year- highly commended
- Director of Nursing 2018- Quality Improvement and Patient Experience Leader- highly commended
THE ROLE: As a Registered Nurse, you will play a key role within the team in the delivery of evidence based patient-centered care. Key duties will include:
- Recognising, supporting and emphasising the patient’s capacity to have control over their health and life
- To encourage patients to participate in activities held within the department and lunch in the communal dining rooms
- To discuss and support expected pathways of discharge and help facilitate patient flow
YOU: The successful candidate will be-
- A Registered Nurse
- Passionate about providing the best care for elderly patients
- A good team player, ensuring our patients get the best support
These roles would particularly suit individuals with experience or who are seeking experience in acute care and can provide a fantastic pathway to future roles within our ‘Marvellous Medicine’ division. Our Elgar team are striving to be a future centre of excellence and are looking for nurses who share in their vision.
APPLY NOW! For further enquiries, additional information or informal visits, please contact email@example.com or call 01174 145 975.
If it’s not for you, please share with anyone who may be interested- Thanks.
***This role is eligible for our internal Refer a Friend scheme***
*Relocation- Criteria for eligibility is detailed in Trust Relocation policy and will need to be confirmed at offer.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
Key Words- Registered Nurse, Nurse, Staff Nurse, Complex Care Nurse, Medicine Nurse
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 41 45975