- NHS AfC: Band 3
- 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £17,787 - £20,448 per annum
- 06/02/2019 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Senior Healthcare Support Worker- band 3- £17,787-£20,448 per annum + excellent NHS Benefits
Are you an experienced band 3 Healthcare Support Worker looking for an opportunity to further your career in one of the largest NHS Trusts in the UK?
We currently have opportunities available for qualified band 3 Healthcare Support Workers to join our Medicine and Anaesthesia, Surgery, Critical Care and Renal divisions. As a Senior Healthcare Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing the care and therapy to patients as delegated by the Registered Practitioner and directed by the appropriate team leader. We have opportunities available across a wide range of specialities, including Acute Medicine, Complex Care, Surgery, Theatres, Complex Assessment Unit.
WHY APPLY? Our Senior Healthcare Support Worker posts will provide you with-
- Award winning facilities- you may be based in our Brunel building, which has won numerous awards including Best Designed Large Hospital at the European Healthcare Awards
- Training and development- we will support you with your professional development aspirations- our Learning and Development team have achieved the Skills for Health Mark for the standard of its education and training
- Incremental pay progression when you are on a permanent contract, with structured reviews and continued professional development
- Excellent location- the trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome and Thornbury)
THE ROLE: As a Senior Healthcare Support Worker, you will play a key role in the delivery of patient-centred care. Key duties will include:
- Supporting Registered Nursing staff in the provision of care to patients in the department
- Assisting with patient assessment within level of competence, immediately reporting any changes in the patients’ physical and mental condition to the Registered Practitioner/Assistant Practitioner
- Communicating effectively, sensitively and compassionately with colleagues, patients and visitors
- Acting at all times in a manner, which illustrates respect for privacy, dignity and confidentiality
YOU: Successful candidates will have:
- A level 3 qualification in healthcare such as Clinical Health Diploma level 3, NVQ LEVEL 3 direct care, Healthcare Support worker apprenticeship level 3 or similar. If you don’t have a relevant qualification for this role, your education pathway will be decided at interview. This may be in the form an apprenticeship, competencies or units only.
- Previous experience working in a hospital setting
- A passion for delivering high standards of care within a multidisciplinary team
Apply Now! Or if you know someone who may be interested in this post, please share.
Interview Date: 12th February 2019
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
please call 0121 713 6955 for more information
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 414 5975