- Interventional Radiology Nursing
- Band 5
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- 339-DJF9049 D
- Southmead Hospital
- £23023 - £29608 per annum
- 31/10/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Registered Nurse, band 5- Interventional Radiology, salary between £23,023 to £29,608 **Relocation Support Available**
Are you a Registered Nurse looking for a new challenge and an exciting opportunity?
Our Interventional Radiology department are looking for exceptional individuals to join their committed nursing team on Gate 19. This is a busy department incorporating five Interventional Radiology labs. As we are part of the major trauma and vascular service for the South West, our techniques and treatments are continually evolving to ensure we are at the forefront of patient treatment and care. You will be given the opportunity to rotate through all the Interventional Radiology Labs gaining experience in all specialties. We have close links with wards and other departments including Neuro surgery, Vascular and Cardiology with a shared learning programme.
This post is for Registered Nurses looking to develop their skills as a scrub and circulatory practitioner in the following specialties in Interventional Radiology-
- Cardiac Cath Lab
Previous experience of working in a theatre or endoscopy setting is desirable but not essential as full training and support will be given to successful applicants. This role would suit individuals who are currently working in an acute hospital setting as a Qualified Nurse and have long term aspirations to work in a theatre environment. Our Interventional Radiology labs are open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, with an emergency on-call service providing cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
WHY APPLY? This Registered Nurse post provides a fantastic opportunity with-
- An exciting and award winning team- our Interventional Radiology team have won numerous awards including Nursing Team of the Year at the NBT Director of Nursing Awards 2018 and the NBT Hero Award in May 2018. The department are currently extending their service to incorporate Stroke Thrombectomy cases and is the only hospital currently providing this service in the South West.
- Comprehensive training- you will take part in a comprehensive training programme to develop your skills, some of which is provided by Senior Radiologist Consultants and Radiographers. There is also the opportunity to rotate across specialties to further develop your experience.
- Fantastic facilities- there are six Interventional Radiology labs at Southmead Hospital that offer state of the art imaging facilities, providing diagnostics and treatment. You will be based in our Brunel building, which has won numerous awards including best designed large hospital internationally at the European Healthcare Awards in 2017. We were the only UK Hospital to be shortlisted for this award.
- An excellent location- the trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome, Thornbury).
- Relocation support- Relocation support available for up to £4,000 for eligible candidates*. Please email email@example.com for more details.
THE ROLE: Working within the Interventional Radiology team, key duties will include:
- Participating in assisting the Radiologists as the Scrub Nurse for a wide variety of procedures.
- Circulating with the lab assisting the Radiologist/Scrub Nurse by providing the appropriate equipment, monitoring and communicating with the patient throughout.
- Being responsible for coordinating and providing complete care to patients and working effectively both independently and as part of the wider disciplinary team
- Taking part in on call duties, governed by the needs of the department, after all competencies have been achieved.
YOU: Successful applicants will be:
- A Registered Nurse with experience working in an acute hospital setting.
- Passionate in providing the best care for patients in a challenging and exciting environment.
- Hardworking with the drive to go the extra mile
- Keen to develop Scrub practitioner experience and comfortable with wearing a lead apron for long periods of time
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills with patients and the multidisciplinary team
Apply now! Or contact Sister Karen Collins (0117 414 0784- Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out more information or to book an informal visit
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th September
Interview Date: Monday 24th September
**We do also have bank, fixed term contract and internal transfer/secondment opportunities available for 9 month periods, please contact us to find out more information**
***Eligible for our Internal Refer a Friend scheme***
*Criteria for eligibility is detailed in Trust Relocation policy and will need to be confirmed at offer.
Key Words- Cardiology, Scrub, Theatre, Surgery, Neurosurgery, Vascular, Renal, Endoscopy, Day Case.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Sister Karen Collins 0117 4140784
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 41 41151