- Interventional Radiology Nursing
- Band 5
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- 339-DJF9049 B
- Southmead Hospital
- £23023 - £29608 per annum
- 31/07/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Staff Nurses are required to join our committed nursing team on Gate 19 Interventional Radiology. This is a busy department incorporating 5 Interventional Radiology labs. This area manages a wide variety of procedures which includes outpatient, inpatient and emergency cases. We are part of the major trauma and vascular service for the South West. In 2018 we will be developing further the provision of the Stroke Service. The techniques and treatment used are continually evolving to ensure we are at forefront of patient treatment and care. There is an opportunity to assist with cases such as vascular; neuro radiology; gastrology: musculoskeletal and urology. You will be trained in scrub procedures, assisting (circulating) and caring for patients in the Interventional Radiology Labs. The work is very variable, challenging and exciting.
- Be a part of our dynamic Interventional Radiology Team.
- A great opportunity to learn new skills and to be involved with developing new services.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team alongside Neuro Radiologists, Interventional Radiologists and Radiographers.
- We offer Trust based and in house teaching with opportunities to attend external study days.
- Career development - the option for bespoke rotation packages across Interventional radiology, and a well-structured and supported preceptorship programme to help you further develop.
- Induction and orientation programme and a supernumerary period.
THE ROLE – Key duties will include:
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and a rich history.
- Working with patients who will be undergoing a wide variety of Interventional procedures.
- Being responsible for coordinating and providing complete care to patients and working as a part of the team as well as independently.
- Working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team.
- To be actively involved in their own development and supporting junior members of the team in their development
- To strictly adhere to Local and Trust wide Infection Control policy and procedures.
- Participate in assisting the Radiologists as the Scrub Nurse for a wide variety of procedures.
- Circulating within the Lab assisting the Radiologist/Scrub Nurse by providing the appropriate equipment. Monitoring and communicating with the patient throughout.
- Participate in on call duties.
- YOU: The successful Staff Nurse will be:
- A Registered Nurse with active NMC registration
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing workload.
- Team player
- Experience in an Acute Hospital setting which is essential
- Hardworking with the drive to go the extra mile
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and multi-disciplinary team
Keywords Cardiology, Scrub, Theatre, Surgery, Neurosurgery, Vascular, Renal, Endoscopy, Day Case, Recovery
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Sister Karen Collins 0117 4140784
Matron Louise Pearse 0117 4141167
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 41 45964