- Intensive Care
- Band 5
- Full time: Up to 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £24,214- £30,112 per annum
- 22/04/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
So, you’re eager to learn more about ICU nursing at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- The Intensive Care Unit is a purpose built state of the art 48-bedded unit within one of the UK’s first £450 million super-hospitals, achieving excellent outcomes including some of the highest trauma survival rates in the country.
- Our unit features two high-fidelity simulation suites, allowing for immediate skills training led by a multi-disciplinary team of clinical education experts.
- We offer those joining us a new challenge in a forward thinking environment. This is supported by a robust orientation and structured development pathway that can be tailored to both experienced nurses and those new to ICU.
- As well as being one of the busiest Major Trauma centres in the UK, we are also a regional centre for neurosurgery, vascular surgery, urology, spinal surgery, renal as well as burns and plastics.
But it’s not just our intensive care unit which is impressive; our trust itself is pioneering, progressive and proud. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and wellbeing initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
- We value staff feedback; in the results of our 2019 staff survey, our response rate was higher than the national average and highlighted we had improved in all the areas staff told us were priorities in 2018. Out of the 90 questions asked, we had made 73 improvements from the previous year and 69% of staff would recommend our organisation as a place to work (6% better than the national average).
- Our nurses do not shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations. We also support internal transfers for those who wish to gain experience in a new specialty or further develop their skills.
- Our staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within equality and development groups, and are given the mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust supports the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes. Our city boasts a wide range of state-of-the-art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, and excellent transport links. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, our trust is easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales.
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- An experienced ICU nurse with the passion and talent to progress clinically and professionally?
- A registered nurse eager to channel your experience into a new and exciting role?
- A newly qualified nurse ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting, supported by a structured preceptorship and inspirational team?
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into (search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram)
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Contact Sara Millin on 0117 414 1501 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit or have an informal discussion about our ICU opportunities.
Looking for Flexible Working options?
Contact NurseAvailability@nbt.nhs.uk to find out about joining NBTeXtra