- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- 37.5 hours per week
- £40,428 - £48,514 per annum
- 01/03/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Head of Clinical Information Systems (NHS), to £48.5k, Bristol
A Head of Clinical Information Systems is required by one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your operational Clinical Systems Management and leadership skills within a large, highly complex and mission critical environment.
To £48.5k + excellent NHS pension and benefits and 27 days of AL + bank holidays
Why this Head of Clinical Information Systems role?
• The exciting challenge of complex hospital Clinical Systems
• One of the most modern hospitals in Europe
• An international reputation for delivering exceptional healthcare
• Large scale IM&T operations: 8000+ staff, £550m turnover, 800+ beds, 2 hospitals
• Progressive and ambitious teaching and research organisation
• Excellent internal opportunities for career progression
As Head of Clinical Information Systems you will be responsible for the operational delivery of the trusts clinical systems. Key duties include leading:
• Day to day Management of the Clinical Systems Team.
• Operational delivery and maintenance of the trusts clinical systems and implementation of new or enhancements to existing clinical systems
• Utilising existing Clinical systems as effectively as possible.
As the successful Head of Clinical Information Systems you will have good experience of:
• Effectively managing multiple complex clinical systems
• Effectively managing and developing teams
• Effectively managing business stakeholders from board level down
• Producing and delivering systems implementation through effective release management
• Communicating complex system concepts to non-technical audiences
• Achieving high standards of customer service and service delivery
You will ideally also have experience of providing infrastructure to support clinical operations and of working with clinical stakeholders.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Phil Wade – Assistant Director of Informatics - Clinical Systems on 0117 414 4695.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 3406532