- NHS AfC: Band 8b
- 37.5 hours per week
- £47,092 - £58,217 per annum
- 16/04/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Head of IT Infrastructure (NHS), to £58.2k, Bristol
Head of IT Infrastructure required by one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts, to work under the direction of the Assistant Director of ICT. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your strategic and operational IM&T infrastructure leadership skills within a large, highly complex and mission critical environment.
To £58.2k + excellent NHS pension and benefits and 27 days of AL + bank holidays
Why this Head of IT Infrastructure role?
• The exciting challenge of complex hospital IT infrastructure
• One of the most modern hospitals in Europe
• An international reputation for delivering exceptional healthcare
• Large scale IT operations: 8000+ staff, £550m turnover, 800+ beds, 2 hospitals
• Progressive and ambitious teaching and research organisation
• Excellent internal opportunities for career progression
And all whilst working with fantastic bunch of colleagues and making the world a better place working for the NHS!
As Head of IT Infrastructure you will be responsible for the strategic and operational delivery of an IT / IM&T infrastructure that is able to proactively meet the Trust’s evolving needs. Key duties include leading:
• The Technical Services Team (Line management of 11 people)
• Operational delivery and maintenance of data and voice networks and the server estate to ensure capacity, performance, resilience, security, flexibility/ adaptability and cost effectiveness
• Technology strategy and assessment of emerging technologies in line with the Trusts strategic vision
• Utilising existing IT infrastructure assets as effectively as possible
• The promotion of IT enabled service transformation and new technology-enabled ways of working to clinical and non-clinical staff
You: As the successful Head of IT Infrastructure you will have good experience of:
• IT Infrastructure leadership within large organisations (e.g. 1000+ users) that supports multiple complex, mission critical and interacting systems
• IT Infrastructure leadership within large organisations (e.g. 1000+ users) that supports multiple complex, mission critical and interacting systemsExperience of managing IT suppliers to support critical systems, ensuring SLAs are met
• Experience of managing budgets and writing technical business cases
• You will have a highly developed specialist technical knowledge, which includes experience of managing enterprise storage systems, as well as managing a large complex IT network infrastructure including Core, Edge Switches, and WiFi.
• Effectively managing and developing technical teams
• Effectively managing business stakeholders from board level down
• Producing and delivering IT infrastructure strategies
• Communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Achieving high standards of customer service and service delivery within an ITIL environment
You will ideally also have experience of providing infrastructure to support clinical operations and of working with clinical stakeholders.
If it's not for you please share with anyone who may be interested - thanks!
Closing date: As soon as we have sufficient applications to shortlist so apply now!
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Linda Hall, PA to Director of IM&T or Kevin Houghton – Assistant Director of ICT on 0117 414 3781.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 414 5970