EPR Cutover and Service Transition Manager
- Band 8b
- Fixed term: 18 months
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- £54,764 - £63,862 per annum.
- 26/09/2021 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
North Bristol NHS is embarking on a Digital Transformation Programme that will see the organisation transition from our current Patient Administration System (PAS) to a full Electronic Patient Record (EPR). We require a skilled EPR Cutover and Service Transition Project Manager, to form part of the Digital Transformation Team that is responsible for delivering one of the clinical workstreams of this ambitious digital modernisation programme.
As part of the EPR Programme team, the Cutover Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop a detailed cutover checklist and project plan incorporating both technical and operational tasks.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the cutover project plan, incorporating both supplier(s) and Trust activities and dependencies
- Responsible for detailed project management of the cutover and transition deliverables to the new EPR system, resolving discrepancies or process issues related to cutover
- Responsible for coordination of activities within the cutover plan and associated system outages
- Plan the resources required to execute the cutover plan, technical and operational in conjunction with the supplier(s) and Trust project teams
- Responsible for management of the Full-Dress Rehearsal (EPR go live practice) from a technical and operational perspective. Including downtime and data catch up / manual entry activities, ensuring they are rehearsed and timed with the identified team(s) responsible
- Develop the ‘Command and Control Centre’ logistics, communication and escalation plan and associated (policies and procedures)
- Work closely with the clinical workstream project managers to ensure that appropriate downtime procedures are tested in place to support the cutover
- Ensure data catch up activities are defined within the cutover planning, executed as necessary prior to the system go-live
- Provide cutover status reporting to EPR Programme and Senior Operational leadership / key stakeholders, pre, during and post cutover
- Ensure entry and exit of cutover stage gates are met including the final Go/No-Go meetings
- Act as the escalation point to the programme manager and senior Command and Control Centre leadership
- Lead cutover activities for pre, during and post cutover
- Develops with the supplier and programme delivery teams, back out / contingency plans for cutover
- Coordinate preparation activities with service delivery, technical and back-office IT functions, to agree and implement the service transition plan post go-live
- Work with the Digital Technology Services teams to achieve formal confirmation that service acceptance criteria have been met and that the delivery and support teams are ready to operate the new service when it has been deployed
**Individuals who have not worked in a healthcare environment will be considered and those candidates who have worked in large corporate organisations delivering large scale multidisciplinary projects will be considered.
Please contact Nathan Vaughan for further information or an informal discussion via email@example.com
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Nathan Vaughan
- Job title
- EPR Programme Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information