- Human Resources
- Band 8b
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead - Learning & Research Building
- £53,168 - £62,001 per annum
- 11/08/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Head of Learning & Development– NHS NBT
Based at Southmead Hospital in North Bristol. Salary from £58.1K to £62K & excellent NHS benefits, starting on 27 days AL + bank holidays and excellent pension.
A Head of Learning & Development is required by North Bristol NHS Trust to lead the development and delivery of the learning and development strategy for North Bristol NHS Trust, working closely with Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire STP colleague to lead the delivery of the BNSSG priorities for the learning and development agenda. Equally important is working with the NBT transformation team to review how the service can continually improve, utilising all the benefits of our Trust digital strategy.
• You will be core to an exciting opportunity to deliver several challenging, large scale, yet achievable leadership transformation projects within an ambitious and improving large acute NHS Trust (~£550m turnover, ~8000+ staff)
• You will have the opportunity to develop a team and service that is recognised internally and externally as a leader in the area of learning and organisational development
- You will be a senior leader within an ambitious organisation with a good track record of realising challenging improvements and the appetite to continue to transform and innovate within a ‘can do’ culture
- You will be part of a dedicated and committed team in one of the most modern hospitals in Europe with an international reputation for world-class clinical care
And if you are from outside the area, Bristol is consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, and gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to the spectacular countryside and coastlines of South Wales, Devon, Dorset and Cornwall.
As Head of Learning & Development you will be responsible for:
- Working with the Executive Team, Clinical Divisions, and professional leads on the development and implementation of a Trust wide, integrated Learning & Development strategy that underpins the delivery of the Trust strategic objective to create an exceptional workforce for the future and out People Strategy vision of being an employer of choice
- Manage the contractual relationship with Health Education England and other external stakeholders to ensure the Trust influences national priorities relating to workforce learning and organisational development and achieves best value from available resources
- Actively leads the NBT contribution the BNSSG approach to learning and development and support in collaboration the delivery of the agreed collective objectives
- Develop and implement the Trusts long term strategic approach to apprenticeships, building on its position as a main provider
For an informal discussion, please call Em Davies, Executive Personal Assistant on 0117 414 3664
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
- James Dodsworth
- Job title
- People Business Partner
- Email address
- Telephone number