Registered Nurse - Gynaecology
NHS AfC: Band 5
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £24,907 - £30,615 per annum
- 28/04/2021 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
So, you’re eager to learn more about Gynaecology nursing at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- Cotswold Ward is a busy Gynaecology Ward with two operating theatres running busy lists Monday to Friday with emergency and Major cases on Afternoons and some weekends.
- In addition to 19 inpatient beds, 3 of which are cubicles for sensitive cases, we have 3 emergency assessment rooms and a 10 bedded Day Case unit.
- Our Outpatients department includes a variety of clinics including early pregnancy clinic, Colposcopy, Hysteroscopy and general gynaecology outpatients.
- Nurses on Cotswold Ward are provided with supportive skills training in caring for early pregnancy problems up to 20 weeks.
- The Cotswold Centre is dynamic, forward thinking and constantly striving to improve the patient’s pathway.
- Women and Children’s health offers a diverse range of opportunities in both clinical and managerial progression with the option for bespoke rotation packages across our specialities. We have a well structured and supportive preceptorship programme for Newly Qualified candidates,
But it’s not just our gynaecology unit which is impressive; our Trust itself is pioneering, progressive and proud. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and wellbeing initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
- Our nurses don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations. We also support internal transfers for those who wish to gain experience in a new specialty or further develop their skills.
- Staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (eg Portishead, Chepstow,)
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- A registered nurse eager to channel your experience into a new and exciting role?
- A newly qualified nurse ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting, supported by a structured preceptorship and (something about inspirational team)?
- An experienced Gynaecology nurse with the passion and talent to progress clinically and professionally?
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into (search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram)
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Talent Acquisition Team
- Email address
- Additional information
For further information - Please contact Karan Hartley 07857665150