- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Substantive and fixed term
- Up to full time 37.5 hours
- Southmead Hospital
- £24,214 - £30,112 per annum
- 19/03/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
So, you’re eager to learn more about Registered Nurse opportunities within our Gynaecology team at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- We are proud to be able to offer our patients a full outpatient and inpatient gynaecology service with special emphasis on one stop outpatient services, and tertiary skills in sub-fertility, urogynaecology, endometriosis and minimal access surgery.
- We strive to deliver exceptional care in our 19 bedded inpatient unit, 10 bedded day-case unit and outpatient department and two operating theatres running busy lists Monday to Friday.
- We support the trust in times of escalation and increase to 25 inpatient beds, which may be occupied by a variety of specialties including obstetrics, medicine and/or surgery.
- We support our nurses to develop their skills across a range of surgical/gynaecology specialties and provide skills training with early pregnancy problems up to 20 weeks.
But it’s not just our nursing teams which are impressive; our trust itself is pioneering in its approach to healthcare. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and well-being initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA
- Our staff don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations.
- Staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow)
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- An experienced Registered Nurse working in Gynaecology, ready for the next challenge?
- An experienced Registered nurse, excited at the prospect of exploring a new specialty?
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into life at North Bristol NHS Trust (search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram)
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For more information or an informal visit, please contact Lisa Ford Matron, or Karan Hartley (Junior Sister) on Cotswold ward.
Ward contact number: