- General Acute
- Band 2
- 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £14,026 - £18,702 per annum
- 25/02/2019 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Healthcare Support Worker (Band 2), NHS, Bristol, to £14,026 - £18,702 per annum + excellent NHS benefits
Healthcare support workers are required by one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Based at Southmead Hospital with a basic salary between £14,026 - £18,702 per annum + excellent NHS benefits. As a Healthcare support worker, you will be working alongside other practitioners on the front-lines to provide direct care for our patients. We currently have vacancies within our Medicine and NMSK (Neuroscience and Musculoskeletal) divisions.
North Bristol NHS Trust is committed to offering excellent career development through our tailored education pathways. If you are interested in a career as a healthcare support worker, we can offer you a training contract dependent on your educational requirements, which will be assessed during your induction with the Trust. Our education pathway is an apprenticeship which will typically range from 12-18 months duration, depending on your working pattern and level of study.
The apprenticeship will consist of 4 elements:
- Initial Assessment
- Functional Skills (maths and English) – if required
- Job specific training (both in the workplace and in the classroom)
- End Point Assessment
At the end of this education pathway, you will achieve a level 2 Apprenticeship in Healthcare Support Worker. The apprenticeship starting salary is £14,026 and the starting salary for the fully qualified post is £17,460 - £18,702. Apprentices will progress to the fully qualified salary upon completion of their education pathway. If you hold the relevant qualification for this post, you will move straight to a fully qualified post salary.
We are one of the UK's largest NHS Trusts (£550m turnover and 7000+ staff) and we are committed to developing our staff, ensuring they become successful, competent and confident members of the organisation.
THE ROLE: As a Healthcare Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering clinical and therapeutic care to patients as required within set protocols/policies and within the scope of the Health Care Support Worker remit
- Assisting with patient assessment within level of competence, immediately reporting any changes in the patients’ physical and mental condition to the Registered Practitioner/Assistant Practitioner
- Communicating effectively, sensitively and compassionately with colleagues, patients and visitors
- Acting at all times in a manner, which illustrates respect for privacy, dignity and confidentiality
YOU: The successful Healthcare Support Worker will:
- Have a passion for working in the healthcare sector
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for learning, professional development and safe patient care
- Be flexible and driven by the exciting challenges that lie ahead
KEY WORDS: Healthcare Assistant, HCA, Healthcare Assistants (Please note, the job title for this role is Healthcare Support Worker)
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact