- Database Developer
- Band 7
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £38,890 - £44,503 per annum.
- 10/06/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
North Bristol NHS Trust is a centre of excellence for healthcare in the South West of England, with over 8000 employees delivering outstanding care, with an annual turnover in excess of £530m.
This is an exciting opportunity for a lead Data Warehouse developer with strong technical experience. The ideal candidate will be a skilled IT professional with experience of working within the health sector with knowledge of NHS Data sets such as CDS, Unify 2 or contracting being desirable. The candidate must have significant knowledge and experience of designing ETL processes that factor in high resilience, data quality, performance and availability. We are seeking someone who is organised, hard-working, flexible, and enjoys a fast paced working environment. You must be passionate about delivering positive change through high quality technical delivery.
The ideal applicant will:
- Have experience of working in partnership with technical, managerial and clinical stakeholders.
- Be an expert in SQL Server Development and Microsoft BI Stack, along with knowledge of other Data warehouse platforms.
- Have experience in methods for improving and maintaining transactional data quality.
- Have in depth knowledge and experience of database performance tuning and monitoring.
- Understand how departmental process translates to information held in a data warehouse, and reported via BI technologies
The Trust has placed a significant investment in enhancing the provision of high quality information to the clinicians, managers and decision makers at all levels, and the wider regional healthcare system. You will be part of a small team of expert technicians, working as part of a highly skilled BI department that will move the Trust forward.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Simon Perry (BI Specialist) at: email@example.com
Telephone: 0117 4143803