Clinical Pharmacy Technician - Band 5
- Core Clinical Services
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £25,655 - £30,615 per annum
- 26/09/2021 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Clinical Pharmacy Technician Band 5
Band 5 - £24,907 - £30,615 per annum
Location: North Bristol NHS Trust
Contract type: Permanent
This post is suitable for:
- qualified Medicines Optimisation technicians looking for a new challenge or develop their skills further or change of location. (Pharmacy Workforce Development South (PWDS) or equivalent: Medicines Optimisation Unit 1 Managing patient medication requirements, Unit 2.1 Medicines Reconciliation and Unit 2.2 Discharge facilitation)
- qualified checking technicians looking for a new challenge or to develop their skills further or a change of location
- registered pharmacy technicians
- community pharmacy technicians looking for a career change
Key duties include:
- providing medicines optimisation services in a patient facing clinical environment
- medicines reconciliation
- managing medication requirements: assessment of PODs, ordering supplies and missed dose prevention
- checking the accuracy of rewritten medication charts
- discharge planning
- counselling on medication such as anticoagulants
- communication with community pharmacies to maintain compliance device services
- regular sessions in the dispensary performing a range of duties
- providing support to the Mass Vaccination Programme
Medicines optimisation is at the heart of our services and we strive to deliver the best possible safe and effective use of medicines to enable the best possible patient care and experience.
Our friendly and progressive Pharmacy department is currently looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking individual to join our clinical pharmacy team to work alongside clinical pharmacists, clinical technicians and clinical pharmacy SATOs. The role will involve performing medicines reconciliation, assessment of patients own drugs (PODs), managing patient medication requirements, providing counselling for medication such as anticoagulants and supporting our dispensary as an accredited checking pharmacy technician.
This post will enable the successful candidate to develop their clinical knowledge with the opportunity to undertake Pharmacy Workforce Development South (PWDS) Unit 3 clinical prioritisation accreditation.
If you are a Pharmacy Technician registered with the GPhC, possesses good communication and organisational skills, enjoys patient interaction, reliable, enthusiastic and seeking the opportunity to further develop your pharmacy career then come and join our team here at North Bristol NHS trust.
We welcome the skills and diversity of both community and hospital trained candidates and are keen to develop the links between primary and secondary care.
We will consider applicants looking for part time hours in excess of 0.5 whole time equivalent.
North Bristol NHS Trust is the largest teaching hospital in the South West of England supported by 8,000 staff. We provide exceptional healthcare to a wide variety of patients with a major trauma center and specialties including neurosciences, orthopedics, renal medicine and transplantation, infectious diseases/HIV, burns and plastics plus general medicine and surgery. The trust is based in a ‘state of the art’ hospital and is one of the most technologically advanced in Europe. The trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Consistently voted the best city to live, Bristol is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awesome-inspiring street art.
The Pharmacy department is clinically focused, forward thinking and an evolving department which recognises and promotes the value of technicians in both clinical and leadership roles. Now is an exciting time to join us and support the development of fully integrated ward based team working.
Always looking towards innovation we have recently taken the lead in the successful setup of the Ashton Gate and Nightingale Vaccination Programme, implemented a new Pharmacy system and look to introduce cross sector training for technicians with our primary care colleagues.
Working hours will be within 08:00 and 19:00 Monday to Friday plus participation in the weekend bank holiday rotas, if working at Mass Vaccination, where hours will be between 07:00 – 20:30 7 days a week.
Date of interview: 5th October 2021
For further details / informal visits contact:
Julie Hamer Lead Clinical Pharmacy Technician on 0117 41 42261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or
Sarah Langridge Lead Clinical Pharmacy Technician on 0117 41 42261 or email email@example.com
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Julie Hamer
- Job title
- Lead Clinical Pharmacy Technician – Medicines Management
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0117 41 42261
- Additional information