- Core Clinical Services
- NHS AfC: Band 2
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £18,005 - £19,337 per annum
- 04/06/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
NORTH BRISTOL NHS TRUST
Pharmacy Assistant – Pharmacy Stores (ATO)
(37.5 hrs per week) £18,005 - £19,337 per annum
Are you looking for a change in career, in a fast paced and challenging new role?
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated team player who wants to work in a diverse and dynamic department?
If this is you why not come and join our Pharmacy team at North Bristol NHS Trust.
This exciting new opportunity has arisen within the Pharmacy Stores Team to help further shape the future of the services in this fast paced and pro-active environment.
You will need to be Self-motivated with an organised and logical approach to work, flexible under pressure and accurate with a high attention to detail.
Your main daily duties will be:
- Receives incoming stocks in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures to ensure that the correct goods and the correct quantities are received against the corresponding order. Ensures that storage requirements are maintained.
- Clarifies delivery queries with the Pharmacy Stores SATO.
- Reports any inaccuracies and discrepancies to the Pharmacy Stores SATO.
- Records all transactions using the Pharmacy Computer Stock Control System.
- Ensures all orders are accurately and promptly recorded.
- Ensures that all paperwork is correctly and promptly processed.
- Locates all stock in the correct place and correct sequence to comply with correct stock rotation in accordance with the approved SOP.
- Acts as a Super user for the Pharmacy robotic system.
- Uses the Pharmacy Computer system to generate daily internal orders for NBT dispensaries and any NBT Satellite pharmacies.
- Carries out regular stock checks within the pharmacy store and carries out stock balance corrections as required in line with departmental procedure. Carries out expiry date checks within the Pharmacy to prevent wastage.
- Able to provide cover in Pharmacy Distribution when required.
This job is a vital position within the Pharmacy Department and requires a conscientious and adaptable person who has a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Good communication skills are essential as is an ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Specialist Pharmacy Technician: Procurement and Homecare Services
North Bristol NHS Trust
Bristol, BS10 5NB
Tel.0117 41 42248