- Core Clinical Services
- Band 7
- 30 hours per week
- 339-GAR9179 A
- Southmead Hospital
- £31,696 - £41,787 per annum (pro rata)
- 24/06/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Advanced Practitioner Occupational Therapist, Neurosciences, Band 7, to £41.7k, North Bristol.
Occupational Therapist required by one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. You will provide leadership and clinical expertise within Neurosciences, supporting and empowering learners and colleagues within the team. You will be based within the Core Clinical Services Division at Southmead Hospital, North Bristol, Band 7, up to £41.7k dependent on experience.
WHY APPLY? : This Occupational Therapist role offers a fantastic opportunity with:
• Variety - as a specialist Centre for Neurosciences, you will be providing care to a diverse range of patient pathways, including neurology, major trauma, neuro-oncology and spasticity management clinics.
• Professional development - there is a range of in house expertise and close working with the major trauma team and MDT colleagues so you will have access to training and development.
• Leadership opportunities - play a key role in shaping and developing the service.
• Networking opportunities- opportunity to create relationships with fellow therapists across the network.
THE ROLE: As an Occupational Therapist, you will lead and support a team in the delivery of evidence based patient-centred care within the specialty. Key duties will include:
• To be a source of clinical expertise to other occupational therapists in the Trust and other professionals on a highly specialised area of occupational therapy.
• Managing a caseload of adult neurosurgical and neurological patients with complex needs, using advanced clinical reasoning, critical thinking, evidence-based principles and best practice to assess plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
• To contribute to the maintenance and development of the Trust wide occupational therapy service, leading initiatives related to service development such as audit, research and training.
YOU: The successful candidate for this Occupational Therapist vacancy will have the following experience:
• Have completed a Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy.
• Hold current HCPC registration.
• Significant experience working within Neurosciences.
• Basic management/leadership training or relevant experience in this role.
Number of hours possibly negotiable, up to 30 per week.
A secondment will also be considered
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Anne Barraud, Occupational Therapy Professional Adviser
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 414 5973