Registered Nurse - Complex Care- Band 5
- Complex Care
- Band 5
- Permanent: Substantive
- Full time
- Part time
- Southmead Hospital
- £27,055 - £32,934 per annum pro rata
- 26/10/2022 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Main duties of the job
Working for our organisation
North Bristol NHS Trust employs over 12,000 staff providing healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset from our award-winning hospital building at Southmead. We are the regional Major Trauma Centre, and an internationally recognised centre of excellence in a range of services and major specialities. Our vision is that by enabling our teams to be the best that they can be, we will provide exceptional healthcare, personally delivered.
North Bristol NHS Trust values all people as individuals. We aim to be an anti-discriminatory organisation and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We welcome applicants from all underrepresented groups.
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, our Trust is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (such as Portishead or Chepstow). For band 5 Registered Nurses and ODPs, relocation support may be available. Please email Nursing@nbt.nhs.uk for more information.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For a full overview of the Job Description, please refer to the PDF Job Description attached as an additional document to this advert.
Education & Qualifications
- RGN/Paediatric Nurse, with current live Registration
- Teaching and assessing qualification (998 or equivalent) or willing to undertake after 2 years post registration (secured a position on this type of course)
- Expectation to undertake training for extended roles required by the ward / department. i.e. IV drug administration, Cannulation, venepuncture, ECGs, male catheterisation, PCA and Epidural training
- Ideally, currently working in a hospital setting, as a Qualified Nurse or a Qualifying Student
- Advanced communication skills, verbal & written, to include report writing and record keeping.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Sound knowledge of Trust Policies & practices including manual handling, health & safety and infection control.
- Basic computer / IT skills and expectation to develop these in line with the needs of the service i.e. IHS, Acis, Email use.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Talent Acquisition
- Job title
- Talent Acquisition
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0117 41 44 550
- Additional information
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 41 44 550
Looking for Flexible Working options?
Contact NurseAvailability@nbt.nhs.uk to find out about joining NBTeXtra