- Charity sector
- Band 8a
- Full time
- North Bristol NHS Trust, Southmead
- £45,753 - £51,668 per annum
- 16/08/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join the senior leadership of Southmead Hospital Charity.
Why apply? As part of the NHS, and working as Southmead Hospital Charity’s Head of Fundraising, you will:
- Make a difference: If you love the NHS, look no further. Southmead Hospital Charity raises funds for projects that are beyond the remit of the NHS but have a huge impact on the lives of our patients, visitors and staff.
- Shape the future: In this role, you will play a lead role in ensuring that the Charity’s growth continues, fulfilling its potential to make a significant difference to patients, staff and visitors to North Bristol Trust.
- Be part of a dedicated and committed team: North Bristol NHS Trust is a centre of excellence for the South West and beyond. Our pioneering treatments and advances in care are internationally recognised.
- You will have access to NHS benefits, including 27 days annual leave to start & bank holidays and an excellent NHS pension.
If you are from outside the area, Bristol is consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, gastronomic and independent retail scenes. It also offers excellent transport links and easy access to the spectacular countryside and coastlines of South Wales, Devon, Dorset and Cornwall. Our offices are based in Southmead Hospital – a state of the art, amazing facility with an excellent reputation.
The Head of Fundraising forms part of the main leadership of the Charity team responsible for the development and delivery of an integrated Charity strategy for North Bristol NHS Trust, in support of the Trust’s overall strategic plan. The role will provide inspirational leadership, direction and support for the Charity team to achieve key financial targets and objectives.
The post holder will require comprehensive knowledge of fundraising and considerable relationship building skills, with the ability to identify influential contacts both internally and externally.
Leading the Fundraising team, the ideal candidate will have good business acumen, a passion for effective communication, enthusiasm for the NHS and excellent attention to detail. This is a really exciting time to join our team!
Interviews will be held on Thursday, 27 August 2020
Apply now as we are looking to close the advert when significant applications have been received.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sarah Harrison
- Job title
- Director, Southmead Hospital Charity
- Email address
- Additional information
For an informal conversation, contact Sarah Harrison on Sarah.Harrison@nbt.nhs.uk