- Bank - NICU
- Competitive - Hourly Rate
- £18.02 - 27.57 Per Hour
- 12/03/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Registered Bank Staff Nurse, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit , Band 5,
So, you’re eager to learn more about working as a Bank Nurse in the NICU at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Southmead Hospital is a well-established Level 3 unit providing a centre of excellence for babies requiring medical and neurological assessment and treatment
- We have 34 cots, comprising of 8 ITU, 8 HDU and 18 SC, with an additional 10 cots on our Transitional Care Ward. As a regional referral centre, we take patients from 23 week gestation and sick babies from our Network and further afield.
- Focus on high quality care- The MBRRACE document identifies our NICU unit as among the best tertiary centres in the country for the outcomes of extremely premature infants
- Our values mean we are passionate about great care at North Bristol Trust and our patients know our primary focus is to provide ‘Exceptional Healthcare, Personally Delivered’
- An excellent location - the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art.
But it’s not just our Trust which is exciting; our Trust Nursing bank is innovative, impressive and inclusive. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- As an NBTextra nurse you can work flexibly to suit your individual circumstances.
- Our NBTeXtra nurses are valued members of our team and have access to exceptional benefits; access to the NHS Pension scheme, free DBS and full training, induction and revalidation support. We also have competitive rates available for shifts Trust wide
- £18.02* per hour – Week Days
- £22.80* per hour - Nights and Saturdays
- £27.57* per hour – Sundays and Bank Holidays
*All rates are inclusive of annual leave allowance
- You will increase your skill set by working with multidisciplinary teams to deliver all aspects of patient care, and you’ll work with consultants, junior doctors, AHPS, You will receive a full, comprehensive induction –2 weeks paid training, with orientation shifts delivered.
- You will receive a full, comprehensive induction –2 weeks paid training, with orientation shifts delivered.
- All NBTextra nurses receive free uniform
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Do you…
- Hold RN (adult or child) or RM (midwifery) registration with current NMC license to practice
- Have recent acute hospital experience within the last 18-24 months Including NICU experience
- Have a drive to work hard, enthusiasm and the ability to commit to a 2 week induction programme if successful
- Have Right to work in UK (with relevant Adaptation/ONP if applicable)
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into (search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram)
- Contact us to find out more: NBTeXtra@nbt.nhs.uk or 0117 414 6000
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Contact us to find out more: NBTeXtra@nbt.nhs.uk or 0117 414 6000