- Competitive - Hourly Rate
- Various Rates available
- 31/07/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Theatre Practitioner- Bank- Recovery and Admissions, Medirooms- band 5, pay rate starting from £18.18 p.h, North Bristol
Nurse/ODP required by one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts to work within our peri-operative Medi-Rooms. The Mediroom role offers an exciting development of the traditional recovery approach and a chance to be part of an innovative development in perioperative patient care. Each Mediroom is a single patient facility in which you will admit the patient, prepare them for surgery, recover them post operatively and discharge them home / transfer them to an ongoing area of care (such as a ward, ICU etc).
Working within our Mediroom will enable you to develop skills in a range of surgical specialties in a supportive environment. You will be based within our bank team within Southmead Hospital, North Bristol, pay rates starting from £18.18 with enhancements for nights and weekends.
This Theatre Practitioner in Medirooms is an excellent opportunity to work within a large and dynamic theatre service boasting 34 operating theatres and interventional suites delivering a wide range of innovative surgery.
We will offer you support in extending your skills through the following:
• An opportunity to work within a pioneering service- we are the Major Trauma Centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics
• We offer a vibrant and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued
• NHS Pension Scheme- Enrolment into the NHS Pension Scheme
• Flexible Working Hours- Access to our online booking platform to check shifts available and to book hours that suit you
• Full training, induction and revalidation support- paid training and induction to ensure you are ready to support the department effectively
• Free DBS Clearance
The successful applicants will be Registered Nurses (NMC) or Operating Department Practitioners (HCPC).
You will also have:
• Significant experience working in a surgical setting
• Previous theatre recovery experience would be preferred, although not essential
• Good communication skills, verbal and written, to include report writing and record keeping
• Basic IT knowledge and skills
If it’s not for you, please share with anyone who may be interested, thanks!
Apply now! For further enquiries or more information please contact email@example.com or call us on 0117 41 45980 / 0117 41 45975
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
Key Words- Recovery, Admission, Discharge, Peri-operative, POCU, Peri Operative Care Unit
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01174 145 975
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01174 145 975