Registered Midwife - NBTeXtra (Bank)
Competitive - Hourly Rate
- Competitive - Hourly Rate
- 11/10/2021 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
So you’re eager to learn more about working as a bank Midwife at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- Our maternity services provide a full range of maternity care. More than 6,000 babies are born with us every year and our dedicated midwives, doctors, maternity care assistants (MCAs) and support staff are committed to providing personalised care of the highest standards.
- Our service is committed to the ethos of promoting normality and a positive birth experience. Midwifery led care is provided for healthy women with uncomplicated pregnancies and birth at home or in one of our birth centres is promoted.
- Our teams are committed to ensuring that women, babies and their families receive the care and support required to promote optimum outcomes and a positive parenting experience.
- Our facilities offer en-suite birth rooms, birth pools, overnight partner stays if labour is induced and following the birth and a full range of complementary therapies and pain management. We have a range of choices for place of birth including:
- Cossham Birth Centre – offering care for women without complications who have been assessed antenatally as suitable by their midwife.
- Mendip Birth Centre – an Alongside Midwifery Unit (AMU) at Southmead Hospital; offering care to women with straightforward pregnancies during labour an birth in which midwives take primary responsibility for care.
- Central Delivery Suite – an Obstetric Unit (OU) where care is provided by a team of obstetricians taking primary professional responsibility for women at high risk of complications during labour and birth. Midwives offer care to all women in an OU, whether or not they are considered at high or low risk, and take primary responsibility for women with straightforward pregnancies during labour and birth. Medical services including obstetric, neonatal and anaesthetic care are available on site, 24 hours a day.
But it’s not just our Midwifery teams which are exciting; our Trust bank is innovative, impressive and inclusive. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- As an NBTeXtra Midwife, you can work flexible to suit your individual circumstances.
- Our NBTeXtra Midwives are valued members of our team and have access to exceptional benefits; access to the NHS Pension scheme, free DBS and full training, induction and revalidation support. We can also offer competitive rates:
- £17.01* per hour – Week Days
- £21.55* per hour – Nights and Saturdays
- £26.09* per hour – Sundays and Bank Holidays
*All rates are inclusive of annual leave allowances
- You will receive paid induction (2 days on site induction (social distance observed) and e-learning accessible from home. You will also receive a free uniform.
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Do you…
- Hold a valid NMC Pin
- Have relevant Midwifery experience within the last 18-24 months
- Have a drive to work hard
- Have Right to work in the UK (with relevant Adaptation/ONP if applicable)
So are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Contact us to find out more: NBTeXtra@nbt.nhs.uk
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Contact us to find out more: NBTeXtra@nbt.nhs.uk or 0117 414 6000