- Competitive - Hourly Rate
- Competitive - Hourly Rate
- 31/12/2019 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Registered Bank Staff Nurse, Intensive Care Unit, Band 5
Bank Staff Nurse required to work within the Intensive Care Unit at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. The Southmead ICU is within a Major Trauma Centre, and provides regional care for major trauma, neurosurgery, vascular, surgery, renal transplants, burns and plastic surgery, as well as complex elective surgery and medical patients. As one of the fastest growing Intensive Care Units in the country, we strive to deliver safe and exceptional care in our 48 bedded state of the art unit.
WHY APPLY? : Bank Staff Nurse role offers a fantastic opportunity with:
- Access to state of the art facilities- you will be based within our award winning Brunel building, which has recently won Best Acute Hospital Development at the 2017 Building Better Healthcare Awards in London and Best Healthcare Design over 25,000sqm at the European Healthcare Awards
- A comprehensive induction – Provides 2 weeks training, with orientations shifts delivered.
- Close multidisciplinary links- we have a large dedicated multidisciplinary team that work together to best support the needs of our patients
- An excellent location - the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art.
THE ROLE: As a Bank Staff Nurse, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centred care, which is of a high standard. Key duties will include:
- Taking regular responsibility to carry out required patient care to a high standard with level 1, 2 and 3 patients presenting a diverse range of serious conditions, including single and multiple organ failure
- To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes to a patient’s condition or situation
- To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are treated with courtesy at all times, the individual needs of patients are respected and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
YOU: The successful candidate for this Bank Staff Nurse vacancy will have the following:
- Hold RN (adult) registration with current NMC license to practice
- Recent Intensive Care Unit experience is essential
- Enthusiasm and a drive to work hard and to a high standard
We are offering:-
NHS Pension scheme
Competitive pay rates
Full training and Induction
Work available in majority of Specialties
Flexible working patterns to meet your needs (We are offering earlies, lates, long days and nights)
Free DBS Clearance.
We therefore ask that you:
Have recent Acute Hospital Experience within the last 18-24 months
NMC Pin Number
Right to work in UK (with relevant Adaptation/ONP if applicable)
If successful able to commit to a 2 week Induction Programme
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Apply now! For further enquiries or more information please contact email@example.com or call us on 0117 41 45980 / 0117 41 45975
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117414 1151