- Competitive - Hourly Rate
- 339-BANKNURSE NICU
- Competitive - Hourly Rate
- 20/12/2018 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Bank Staff Nurse, Neonatal Intensive Care, Band 5.
Competitive rates of pay. Flexible working. Access to Excellent Benefits
Bank Staff Nurse required to work within the Neonatal Intensive Care department at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts.
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Southmead Hospital is a well-established Level 3 unit providing a centre of excellence for babies requiring medical and neurological assessment and treatment. We have 34 cots, comprising of 8 ITU, 8 HDU and 18 SC, with an additional 10 cots on our Transitional Care Ward.
As a regional referral centre, we take patients from 23 week gestation and sick babies from our Network and further afield. We are looking for flexible, innovative and highly motivated nurses to join our dynamic service. You will be based in the Women and Children’s Health division within Southmead Hospital, North Bristol.
WHY APPLY? : This Bank Staff Nurse role offers a fantastic opportunity to take a role with:
- Focus on high quality care- The MBRRACE document identifies the unit as among the best tertiary centres in the country for the outcomes of extremely premature infants
- Rewarding outcomes- working within a supportive team to provide compassionate care to our patients and their families
- An Excellent Location- the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome, Thornbury)
THE ROLE: As Bank Staff Nurse, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centred care, which is of a high standard. Key duties will include:
- Taking regular responsibility to carry out required planned, direct patient care to a high standard without direct supervision in accordance with established nursing procedures and policies
- To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes to a patient’s condition or situation
- To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are treated with courtesy at all times, the individual needs of patients are respected and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
YOU: The successful candidate for this Staff Nurse vacancy will have the following:
- Hold RN (adult or child) or RM (midwifery) registration with current NMC license to practice
- Recent NICU experience essential
- Evidence of continued professional development
We are offering:-
NHS Pension scheme
Competitive pay rates
Full training and Induction
Work available in majority of Specialties
Flexible working patterns to meet your needs (We are offering earlies, lates, long days and nights)
Free DBS Clearance.
We therefore ask that you:
Have recent Acute Hospital Experience within the last 18-24 months
NMC Pin Number
Right to work in UK (with relevant Adaptation/ONP if applicable)
If successful able to commit to a 2 week Induction Programme
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Apply now! For further enquiries or more information please contact email@example.com or call us on 0117 41 41151
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0117 414 1151